Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

java script jump to slide using the forward button on playbar

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello 

I am looking for a javascript I can use that will allow me to use the standard playbar forward button to jump to a specific slide for branching. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not quite as simple as you might think.  How do you determine when to over-ride the playbar button funtionality so that it works this way as opposed to it's normal behaviour.

Rather than looking for "a JavaScript", I think what you may find you need is "a JavaScript developer".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not use a default playbar if you have a non-linear course. You will need to set up custom navigation buttons, which is not that hard since several button types can be used on master slides or timed for the rest of the project. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree with Lilybiri - ditch the playbar and use custom navigation.

Your slide deck is zero indexed so you can do the following with JavaScript to jump around.

cpCmndGotoSlide=3;

In the above example, you will be taken to the fourth slide in your deck.

0 = slide 1

1 = slide 2

2 = slide 3

3 = slide 4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources