• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Knowledge check issue

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some strange reason, when I add a knowledge check slide in Captivate 19, it put Type your question here (or whatever question is typed) on all subsequent slides. I don't see anything in the timing or the master slide that would indicate why it is doing this. It is also putting the knowledge check slide title on subsequent slides.

Please help!

Paul

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean version 11 or 11.5, because those are the most recent versions. You can check the exact full version number under Help, About Captivate.

That seems like a corruption. Can you try to clean the Preferences? Find the subfolder 'utils' under the installation folder and run the CleanPreferences... file appropriate for your OS, while Captivate is closed. Check if the problem persists.

If it persists, it may be due to corruption of the used theme. Do you use one of the packaged themes or are you using a custom theme? The Knowledge Check slides are based on the same master slides as the quiz slides. Do you have the same problem with  quiz slides?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your input and I did mean 11.5.

Yes, I do have the same problem with quiz slides, but I will try what you suggested and see how that works.

I was just using the default theme, although I tried to see if brining in another theme quiz slide might help with the problem, but there weren't being recognized as quiz slides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If cleaning the Preferences is not solving the problem, it looks like the theme is corrupted, but you didn't answer if it is a custom theme, nor in which version it was created.

Can you clarify this sentence; "brining in another theme quiz slide might help with the problem, but there weren't being recognized as quiz slides."? What did you do exactly? Did you use multiple themes? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I did the 'clear preferences' but that didn't help when I reopened the program. Perhaps I should just cut and past the slides into a new draft?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you explain the sentence I didn't understand, please?

If there are problems with the theme, copy/paste to a new project will not help if you use the same theme. That only helps when you have one or more corrupted slides. But you told that you have the same problem with quiz and KC slides, which points to a problem with the quizzing master slides, part of the theme you are using.

Search under Users\Public\Public Documents\Adobe\elearning Assets for the folder 'Layouts'. With Captivate closed, delete that folder 'Layouts'. When restarting a new folder will be created without corruption. That folder has all the default themes packaged with Captivate. If you have more than one version of Captivate, that folder may have layouts for all the versions, you need only to delete those for the version which causes you the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources