New Here ,
Apr 14, 2006 Apr 14, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 14, 2006 Apr 14, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sage703

While I'm sorry to hear you have issues with these two companies, I'm wondering what you hope your post will serve other than possibly you are the same person as Black Romeo on the site you linked to and you simply want to vent.

As a contract instructor with a working relationship with Sterling Ledet & Associates, I can openly state from personal experience that they are one of the best companies I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with. I deal with others that I would dearly LOVE to see have the same integrity as Sterling Ledet & Associates has. Clearly, this company is not "evil".

My guess is that you signed up for a public class. The nature of public classes typically goes like this. A class is scheduled and offered. Then people such as yourself sign up for them. Assuming you were the only person or possibly one of two people that signed up for the class, it then is canceled. Different companies have different criteria for how many students they need in order to state a public class is a definite "go" and will be held. I'm not saying this is the case, as there could be many different reasons for canceling a class at what seems like the last minute. This is just one possibility that comes to mind.

I sincerely wish you the best. Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2006 Apr 15, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps you are right, perhaps they are not 'evil' (that choice of word was certainly me venting). However they treated me unfairly as I think anyone with an objective view could see plainly. I'm glad you have a good working relationship with them but it is not my relationship. I am free to have my own opinions on the way they treat me and do business.

You also said: 'as there could be many different reasons for canceling a class at what seems like the last minute.' It was the last minute as far as I am concerned (or close to the last minute). I think it would have been more honest of them to tell me the class was unlikely to go forward from the moment they first had doubts. - possibly months ago instead of waiting until 5 days before the class was a go. Now I have to cancel and get fined (via hotels.com) for making reservations in advance. Moreover I don't get to go on my training this year, which is sucky for me.

I'm not entirely unsympathetic to their point of view, it's just that I felt unfairly treated. At any rate I am disappointed in the way they treated me (and let's not forget hotels.com also) and perhaps I did want to vent as you suggest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2006 May 03, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Ledet will not run a class if they can not make big $. They do not tell you in advance that they will cancel a small class. Small class = small profit = cancel.

They are indifferent to the delays and problems this causes students. They are all about $.

Find a training providers that will do small classes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources