• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Captivate 2023 - Bypass Play Button (WINDOWS)

Advisor ,
Jul 05, 2023 Jul 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well - new software - new challenges.

That includes a newly redesigned play button screen.

Ugh - Just Go Away!!Ugh - Just Go Away!!

Those of you who are eager to jump on board with the newly redesigned version of Captivate but failed to appreciate the forced play button screen in Captivate Classic - will find it has resurfaced and here is one way to get past it in the new 2023 version.

I am guessing there may be a much more elegant way to accomplish this - and if I discover it - I will certainly share. Until then, this is what I have. 

As far as I know at this stage of the game - we will need to do this twice. Once for previewing and once for publishing projects. You will need admin rights to save the changes.

**Please be careful making these types of modifications - you could break your install. Having a backup of the original HTML files just in case is not a bad idea.

For Previewing Projects:

Navigate to the following location...

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Captivate\CPRuntime\

Open the index.html file found in that location and add lines 16 thru 20 as shown

Stagprime_1-1688567666767.png

For Publishing Projects:

Navigate to the following location...

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Captivate\HTML\

Open the index.html file found in that location and add lines 13 thru 17 as shown

Stagprime_2-1688567863735.png

**Notes:

1. In the code lines - you will notice the value 250.

This is the number of milliseconds that the code waits to fire.

You can adjust this but I have found that if you go too low - that it does not always jump ahead for you.

2. Additionally - you will need to make this modification each time you update to a new version and I cannot guarantee it will work with new updates.

3. This does not bypass the browser requirement to interact with the project for auto-play audio - it only bypasses the play screen so that your first slide presents to the learner as desired.

It is OK for now but I will continue to play with it and see if I can find a better way.

If someone better at this stuff than I am can chime in with a better way to do this - please hop in.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 06, 2023 Jul 06, 2023

Hi,

There is an Autoplay option in Edit > Preferences > Project > Publish. It should make your project autoplay in both Preview and Publish. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 06, 2023 Jul 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

There is an Autoplay option in Edit > Preferences > Project > Publish. It should make your project autoplay in both Preview and Publish. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 06, 2023 Jul 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhh!

You know - I seriously didn't even notice those menu items until you mentioned them.

Thank you for pointing that out!

OMG...

Made my day!

Now I just need to figure out how to keep it checked by default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2023 Jul 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I fear that the Global Preferences we had in previous versions are gone as well...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources