Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Captivate – Resize slides

Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2024 Jun 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am having an issue with the new Adobe Captivate as I can't resize the project slides. It seems like such an easy feature to resize them but I'm going round in circles. I started with the default size of 1366x768 pixels, however, when I opened it again today, the size has changed to 1920x1080. I can only assume this was after attempting to record a software simulation on a Full HD window. 

When I preview my project, the default size is back in play with the responsive design, but the problem is, my working window is still displaying 1920x1080 and nothing aligns properly, so I can't line up the components correctly.

Does anyone have an idea for fixing this? It seems such an obvious thing but I'd really appreaciate any advice.

TIA

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attached is a screen capture of the working window (hotspots don't line up to the image) and the preview window (hotspots line up OK).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those three little icons at the top of your stage in Captivate edit mode are telling you that this is a responsive project.

Cp12_Responsive.png

You probably already knew that.  But what you may not have realised yet is that with Captivate 12 you do NOT have the option to create a fixed size project.  You can only create responsive output.

This is one of the main issues many of us have with Captivate 12.  It makes it impossible to create most of the e-learning our clients want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply RodWard.
It's not just me then 🙄
It's just confusing that the size has changed somehow so all my components are all skewed in my working window. Very frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is also due to the fact that a software simulation is in essence always NON-responsive. Since this new version is only for responsive projects, there is a big problem of course if you combine a 'normal' project with software simulation slides. Since your sim slides have a greater resolution than the maximum resolution for desktop layouts in the normal responsive projects in the new CP, and there is no embedded way to rescale the sim slides, you end up with problems like you show now. The simulation workflow in the new version is like an elephant in a porcelain shop (Dutch proverb). I would never use this version for software simulations, you can feel intuitively that there is a conflict, the terms 'click box' and 'text entry box' are 'old' terms from Captivate Classic, they do not exist in a normal version 12 project at all. If your primary goal is simulations, install Captivate Classic, the workflow is almost identical to the one in 12. Or make sure to capture the software sims at the desktop resolution of version 12: 1366x768. You are lucky that HD has the same width-height ratio. I have begged to have at least rulers in %, but that would make it too complicated for the newbie users starting with this version (regular answer from the team).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Lilybiri, that all makes snese. 
I've managed a workaround and started a new project, imported my theme, then pasted in my slides. It now all aligns properly.  I'll stay away from the simulation tool! 😝

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources