• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Laptop, finding old content..

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just changed my laptop and while I could Install Captivate on the new laptop I can't see any of the content that I had created - any ideas of how I can restore this?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll have to find the projects themselves that you created from wherever you saved the projects - probably on the previous laptop.

Captivate is a standalone application, not web-based, so it doesn't have any capability of 'holding on' to your development files or otherwise knowing where they are if you reinstall it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you kept the default settings on the old laptop, you'll have to make a copy of your Documents folder on the old laptop to the new. If you did syncrnoize those projects with a cloud-based storage (like OneDrive) you should be able to recover thme from that location as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks guys, I did transfer all the old files over to the new and everything was copied over to OneDrive, I can find Captivate files but when I'm in Open Project in Captivate and go to the browse option none of the files I found are compatabile with the file type its looking for...well good to know I can get the content I just need to keep looking!! Thanks again 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is weird: are you using exactly the same version of Captivate? You know that you cannot open files created with a more recent version in an older one. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources