• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pause button in interactions

Contributor ,
Oct 02, 2013 Oct 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to imlement some interactions (word search and memory game) and I'm wondering how to control the time so that the slide doesn't continue until the user submits their answers...

right now the slide is 3 seconds and after 3 second it goes to the next slide...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Oct 22, 2013 Oct 22, 2013

I had filed a bug report yesterday. Got a reply just now from Adobe that Memory Game works only in SWF.

Sreekanth

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2013 Oct 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add interactive objects such as buttons or click boxes to the timeline.  These will pause the timeline until the user clicks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 03, 2013 Oct 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you are talking about Memory game, I know that you use Captivate 7. Please, it will help if you mention the version you were using.

Why is it important? This is a good example: in Captivate 6 each interaction was pausing the slide at the first frame. A lot of users were complaining about that, for several reasons. I had hoped that you would be able to time the pausing point in CP7, but the change was more drastically: the interactions now mostly do not pause any more. There are some exceptions (like Timer, Hourglass), but for most interactions (which is the case for the interactive game interactions) you'll have to insert an interactive object as Rod points out. I created a list with interactions, tips and tricks and will present it at DevLearn in a couple of weeks.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 17, 2013 Oct 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate 7

I am still unable to get the memory game to display correctly...here is a screen shot of my timeline, now all it shows is the interactive object and no memory game 😕

Screen Shot 2013-10-17 at 5.18.39 PM.png

Screen Shot 2013-10-17 at 5.19.08 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Put the interaction on top of the stack in the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did that and now it displays but only when I publish as a .swf

Can I not output this activity in html5?  The end goal is to insert it into an indesign document as an overlay to be used in DPS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope some day that list makes it to the masses!

(Lily, I just saw your message and replied. )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why? This list should have been in the Help IMO

And interactions are still updated all the time... maybe one day I'll have to sell all the lists I created

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 20, 2013 Oct 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is memory game functional when output as html 5?  No matter where I place the interaction all I get is the finish button i created...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2013 Oct 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you're testing your HTML5 content from a web server and not just locally from a hard drive or LAN.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 21, 2013 Oct 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the link to the published and uploaded on the web...

http://hoopsenglish.com/tables/memory/index.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Oct 21, 2013 Oct 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tested this on Scorm Cloud and found the same issue. I guess Adobe just forgot to report it on HTML5 tracker's unsupported objects list.

Sreekanth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Oct 22, 2013 Oct 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had filed a bug report yesterday. Got a reply just now from Adobe that Memory Game works only in SWF.

Sreekanth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources