Exit

Problem with Text entry

Explorer ,
Apr 29, 2012 Apr 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

need some inputs on TEB with the following actions

1. show = text caption_230........ shown once you have not entered anything on TEB

2. expression= rdcmdgotofram=rdinfocurrentframe-1

2. continue

else

go to next slide

hide= textcaption_230

problem is:

once a user click on submit without entering any on the TEB..it executes the above action. then once user writes on TEB then clicking submit it does nothing.

but if user writes on TEB then clicking submit (write first before click submit).. everything is well.

im using CP 5.5

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 07, 2012 May 07, 2012

Hi again,

Here is a screenshot of the Timeline of slide 3 (only slide I adapted):

FSC.PNG

To avoid that the user clicks on the Submit button before the pausing point of the TEB is reached (which causes issues), the TEB timeline is now starting only very little time before the end of the audio. This means that the blank input box and the Submit button will only then be visible.

I shortened too much timelines, it is not really necessary to shorten all the Text captions beneath the click boxes. It is just th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2012 May 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again,

Here is a screenshot of the Timeline of slide 3 (only slide I adapted):

FSC.PNG

To avoid that the user clicks on the Submit button before the pausing point of the TEB is reached (which causes issues), the TEB timeline is now starting only very little time before the end of the audio. This means that the blank input box and the Submit button will only then be visible.

I shortened too much timelines, it is not really necessary to shorten all the Text captions beneath the click boxes. It is just that I selected all timelines, and used the shortcut SHIFT-Left arrow to shorten all by 0,1secs. Sorry about that. Will upload the file with this slide change to acrobat and send you link by PM

Lilybiri

PS: BTW I do not like the change to the user forums, it looks awful on Chrome....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes you are right.. as I was tweaking the problem.. its when you click submit without finishing the frame yet. I change the pausing points to after the audio..and it worked haha.

Thanks Guys, you are a big HELP.

btw: whats it about the user forums?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything is messed up, have to search for the buttons 'Reply....', fonts have been shrinked so much for some text that I have to zoom in on a high resolution monitor. No way anymore to see if someone has some expertise or not, and both in IE and Chrome it looks simply awful... Perhaps you use another browser?

Perhaps I'm tired, but think I will stop answering questions for a moment. Since the discussions on Linkedin where our expertise is doubted I feel too much depressed. Let Adobe provide support...

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using mozilla.

Thanks Lily,

I have changed all TEB to 1second pausing point after the audio with .5 second away from the end of the frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Adobe has only just changed over to this new version of the forum software.  So it may be that things will be a little rough for a while until they get everything set up and sorted out again.

Lieve,

If you're tired and feeling low, by all means take a break.  You've unselfishly given so much to this community already, nobody could ever complain about you taking some time off to recharge your batteries.  I'm sure the rest of us can handle incoming queries for a while.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, Rodward is right..Take a break somehow, take some time off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources