• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with moodle and captivate scorm files

New Here ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, I am new to the world of captivate and lms. I am currently trying to use the free moodle, but I am having problems inserting the scorms files created in captivate. In fact, so far everyone has given some kind of error. One is in loopin and does not load, the other appears an error "Error reading the base", when I try to insert - these two have video in the file.
Finally, I have a course that I can insert correctly, but when it arrives at the quizz page I need to press F5 three times for the true / false choice button to appear.
Do I need to change any settings?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have more than one issue here and they may not be directly connected.

In Moodle, one of the most common reasons why a SCORM zip is not able to upload is that the maximum upload file size is set smaller than the size of your SCORM package.  This would be very likely if you have video files included in the package.  So check in the Moodle Admin settings to find out what the current upload file size limit is and then see if that needs to be adjusted upwards.  In some cases you can change it within Moodle (if you are an Admin user of Moodle), however in other cases the initial change needs to be made at a deeper level on the web server settings before you can increase the upload file size in Moodle.
https://docs.moodle.org/311/en/File_upload_size

The other problem you have with the quiz questions not functioning correctly sounds like it might be connected to having removed some of the essential caption elements from your quiz slides.  There are two essential captions.  The one that identifies the question type as being Multiple Choise or True / False etc is the main one that Captivate developers often remove thinking they don't need it.  But doing so can cause the problems you mention.  So I would suggest you check all of your quiz question slides to first make sure that specific caption is present.  You can also test that this is the problem by hiding all your current quiz questions and inserting a few new ones but not change anything on them.  Then publish to SCORM and upload to Moodle to test whether these unchanged quiz questions function correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources