• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Published Captivate; slides have washed out audio

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2009 Jul 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have captivate 4.0 and I created four (all are high audio quality-mono) audio files (mp3), each file for each of the four slides in my captivate.

I imported each of the four mp3's into each of the slides.  I publish the project at the 64kbs, 44.10khz audio rate.

The problem is the audio sounds bad, kind of washed out in the published Captivate.  Any idea of what I need to do to improve the audio?  64kbs is a decent audio data rate, it should sound pretty darn good.

Your insightful comments are very welcome....

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had poor luck with importing MP3s into Captivate.

My pseudoTheory is it's due to recompression - Captivate is recompressing my already lossy audio files.

So I import .wavs into the CP project (generally 22khz, mono, 16bit), which does make the project a bit bigger, but the resulting published audio is a lot cleaner as well.

Erik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Erik,

Thanks... I think I learned this lesson a long long time ago and forgot it, until now.  Thank you, I will try it!

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2009 Jul 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Erik,

OK, I tried originating the wavs as 22khz, mono, 16bit, then importing them into the Captivate (4.0).  Then publish at 64kbs.  The sound was just as bad as before.  It sounded 'swishy'. 

If I originated the audio files as 44khz, mono, 16bit, the sound was a little better than the 22khz, but not much.

If I publish the captivate at 96kbs audio rate, the sound is better.

However no matter what, the sound is still a bit 'swishy'.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have been having popping and poor audio quality with my audio files in Captivate 4. The audio sounds good before I import it but once I publish it I still have issues.

I was able to correct this problem by importing the audio into Captivate 3, saving the file, and then within the CP4 file, going to File - Import - External Library. Then drag the imported audio to the library in your CP4 file. That seemed to eliminate audio issues I've had.

Hope this helps someone

Doug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From Doug's reply then, sounds like just a poor conversion issue with CP4....though the few CP4 projects I've done with audio don't seem to have the issue.

Could it be related to the 'bad .dll' thing?

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/85968?tstart=0

Erik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 04, 2009 Aug 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please check the version of Captivate 4. This can be found at Help > About Adobe Captivate. Captivate 4 update is now available which resolves few issues around audio quality. Kindly install the update if not done already.

Update can be installed from - http://www.adobe.com/support/captivate/downloads.html

You can also check http://blogs.adobe.com/captivate/2009/05/captvate_4_patch_update.html for more details.

Regards,

Mukul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, am on vacation right now, will do upon my return!!!

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The patch did not correct my audio issues, I still have to use Captivate 3. Will there be a future patch to address additional audio issues? Mainly I hear popping noises within Captivate but if you listen to the imported audio file outside of Captivate 4 it sounds fine.

Thanks!

Doug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Doug

Sorry to hear the patch failed to help.

Please report this to Adobe as a bug so they will be aware. (Link is in my sig)

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2009 Aug 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found ther same issue - we just purchased Captivate 4, so should not be a version issue.

Anyway, a co-worker lent me a SWEEET little Olympus digital recorder. It even has a self-contained usb plug, so I cna dump stuff right off it to the computer,   I upload tracks to slides for FAR crisper sound.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources