• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publishing to print error to Word 365

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just upgraded to Word 365 and suddenly cannot publish to Print. I get an error that says "Publish to MS Word failed. Retry after ensuring that the document is not open or if you have installed Microsoft Word".

I am pulling my hairs out because I am lost for options. My Word is currently not running when I publish by the way. Please help, thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you confirm that you have installed the desktop version of Word through your Office365 account? as well, that you have opened Word and entered your Office365 login details to authenticate your copy of Word?

It will not work with a Cloud version of Word.

I also use Word installed from my Office365 account and I was not able to reproduce the error.

Can you confirm which version of Captivate you are using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the quick reply. My software has been authenticated correctly...it is my licence at work.

I am working locally and not with the cloud version. I am on Captivate 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the reason:: you combine a CP version that is over 5 years old with the most recent version of Office. They are not compatible I suspect. This is often the case, try not to mix applications that are so far aways from each other concerning the release date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I Publish to Print, Captivate does not seem to use Word.

I think it might be the Export-to-Word plugin not working or that Captivate 6 is not compatible with Word 2016.

I will start an old laptop that has Captivate 6 and not Word on it to see if I can Publish.

Are you on a Windows computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Eric

I am on a Windows machine yes...Windows 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources