• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publishing to Windows Executable (exe) play options

Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2009 Dec 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate 4.0.1 build 1658. On any Windows platform.

When I publish to "Windows Executable" and then play the resultant EXE file, the window is a fixed size with no scroll bars. This presents a problem when customers attempt to run the EXE on very small (e.g. Netbooks, etc) computer screens, as they cannot see the player controls at the bottom of the window.

Is there any way to

1. force scroll bars on the play back
  2. allow for shortcut keys (Ctrl+P for Play; Ctrl+Shft+P for Pause, etc) to allow the user to control playback

What other options might there be that I am not thinking of?

I use EXE because I need this video tutorial to play on Windows boxes after product installation.

Thanks,

Jeff

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 16, 2009 Dec 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never published CP projects that way so not sure...

But I've published Flash projects that needed to be .exe's and have used SWFKit with great success.

Very versatile tool, inexpensive, and lots of options. I'd be surprised if it couldn't do what you need.

If so, then publish your CP file to SWF then embed that SWF into an .exe with SWFKit...

http://www.swfkit.com

HTH

Erik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2009 Dec 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Erik. I will give it a try.

Jeff J Jones

jjones@jonestc.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources