• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question on Progress Indicator Placeholder

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently developing a Quiz for an online course and have used 3 test questions from the assets section; they are multiple-choice, True or False, and Matching; they use the Alliance theme. These questions have a Progress Indicator Placeholder that reports "Question X of Y," located in the upper right corner on the master slide. 

OK, so here is my problem. I added a drag and drop question from the assets section, but it does not have the Progress Indicator Placeholder that reports "Question X of Y" on the master slide. So I thought I could copy it from the other Master Slide that does have it and paste it to this Master slide. However, when I right-click on it, there is not copy command available, and Ctrl C does not work either. I looked under the Insert tab > Placeholder Objects but did not see a "Progress Indicator" placeholder. I have attached images of the slide and its Master slide with the Progress Indicator placeholder circled in red. Can someone explain to me how I can add this placeholder to a slide that originally does not have it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While you can make many interactive objects contribute to the quiz, only a quiz question will have the placeholder objects for the progress indicator. You can fake it for the drag and drop question because the values of the progress indicator will include the drag and drop, but you will have to manually add the progress indicator accordingly. There is a variable for the total number of question slides but I don't think there isn't one for the current number of question slides. Hope that helps.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

None of the embedded objects on quiz/score slides (and master slides) can be copy/pasted.

Drag&Drop is not a default type of question. It is sort of a hybrid, which lacks a lot of features available on the default question types. In this case the progress indicator. If you want such an indicator you'll have to create it from scratch. 

You talk about one of the Quick Start Projects, Alliance.  That adds another complication, because like some other QSPs the question slides are only partially based on a master slide, the quiz slides have been edited instead of having the master slides edited. Not a good practice, which I regret a lot. You'll see when you add another quiz slide without duplicating an existing one that it will look very different. 

For a D&D slide normally there is no dedicated master slide.  In this specific project they created two D&D slides. But contrary to quiz slides, they don't have embedded objects. This seems all very confusing, I know. Have been posting about 40 blogs only about quizzing... you may now understand why. 

Long time ago I explained the creation of a custom progress indicator (more for localisation, was not yet possible through Preferences at that moment). However, if you allow multiple Retake on quiz level, the workflow described there will not be functional. If you don't have too many quiz slides, and really need a progress indicator also for the D&D slides, the quickest way may be to enter it manually. Look at the object style for the progress indicator and mimick it with a normal text container (caption or shape).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources