• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quiz Reporting Widget

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone tried the Captivate quiz reporting widget available from CPGURU? I believe it can send quiz questions and users answers directly to Google sheets. As I don't have an LMS at the moment this could be extremely useful to me but I would like to hear from anyone who has used it before I buy it.

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it compliant with HTML5 output? Michael had a lot of widgets, but all for SWF output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Lilybiri

Yes this particular widget is HTML5 compatible, Michael states this in the information on his web site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info, it has been quite a while since I didn't have contact with Michael. Never explored that HTML version, sorry if I confused you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem, I have e-mailed Michael to ask him about it. Did you ever try out or see the SWF version of the widget?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I always work with a LMS, have to admit that I never explored that particular widget.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would imagine that that widget is swf only.

Here is a blog from the eLearning Brothers that shows you how to set up the Sheet and the communication from Captivate. Note that this turtorial round-trips, but it is fairly simple to adjust the scripts to work other ways.

https://elearningbrothers.com/blog/how-to-create-a-leaderboard-elearning-google-part-2/

I use Google Sheets frequently to store all kind of information from course in lieu of an LMS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TLC, thank you for your information, this particular widget is compatible with SWF and HTML5. Michael has a good video on YouTube explaining how to install the widget in Captivate and set it up with Google sheets. However one thing I'm unsure of is he mentions publishing the file from Captivate then to upload it to a server. I'm not sure what is meant by that. I know how to uplaod a project published in HTML5 to an LMS but what actually is meant by upload to a server and how is it done? Can you or anyone else enlighten me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Which direction did you go?  Did you try the Widget?  I would be interested in learning of your success.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you care to expand and share how you do that?   I tried using the instructions provided for the leaderboard, but no data was sent to the google sheet.  

My only interest is sending data to the Google Sheet.  I have no need for data to be sent back to the Captivate project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources