• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quiz Results - Continue button - error

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2023 Nov 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "Continue button" in The Quiz Results slide does not work when testing the publish file and locally and offline through latest Chrome browser. However, it works when testing through "Preview". Any insights on this? 

Slide: 

TW16_1-1701279055978.png

Error:

TW16_0-1701279045393.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2023 Nov 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If my memory is correct, and from the look of your screenshot, you are using the new version 12? 

Quizzing is one of the rare features which inherited a lot of the former releases. Name of the system variables changed but most of them are still available.

I would like to see the Quiz Preferences, and one former part is now to be found under the Interactions for this score slide. The Continue button used to launch what you set up as Pass/Fail interaction in those Preferences. I am not sure about the new version, too much is hidden (in MS style) but those interactions happened at the last frame of the score slide. For that reason I always had at least one slide after that score slide.

However, I see that the button works as expected in Preview. Did you ever upload the published folder to a LMS for testing? If your output is meant to be uploaded to a LMS it will not work locally.  You can test in SCORM Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2023 Nov 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah. I was teseting HTML via Chrome offline.  

Since you are mentioning techniques on how it should be puglished - To give you details: We are publishing HTML to a WordPress site and using a File Manager plug-in to extract the files when we publish. It is just basic page running in a WordPress website.    Do you have any insight as to whether it should be published on LMS in order for the pages to run propertly without running into any issues? Or can the HTML be uploaded to any webserver and it should run?   We are not capturing any reporting. This is just a plain set up of video with Quiz questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2023 Nov 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't activate 'Reporting' in Quiz Preferences, you don't need to upload to a LMS, a simple webserver is sufficient. But testing offline is never a good idea. Using localhost is fine, when you are invited after publishing, but not later on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2023 Dec 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, thanks for this. We turned the 'reporting' off.    There is a Result slide with the Quiz feature, what's the best practice if we don't want to use the Result slide? We couldn't remove it - so we have been having it hidden. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 01, 2023 Dec 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot remove it, it will be hidden. But that means that it will not appear when you publish. Hidden slides, hidden objects are not part of the output folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2023 Dec 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Good to know as well that it's not part of the output folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2023 Dec 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is a reason why you cannot delete the score slide, it is essential for transferring data to a LMS, even when it is hidden. Of course, you don't want Reporting but you used question slides, not Knowledge Check slides. Here is an article I wrote about the hidden Score slide:

https://blog.lilybiri.com/secret-of-hidden-score-slide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources