• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recording Captivate 4 with WPF windows applications

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2009 Oct 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone having issues recording captivate sessions using a WPF windows application. Specifically, I lose my ability to view data in any drop down control, although the data is there as I can retrieve it using the keypad. I have also had issues with the application locking after clicking on the drop down arrow. I have been assured by the development group that they have stuck to standard WPF controls, not any exotic third party controls. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 27, 2009 Oct 27, 2009

Hi there

Hmmm, this makes me wonder if WPF is what's used for presenting the Advanced Actions in Captivate. I say that because I personally had issues with capturing this area in Captivate.

One suggestion is to establish a remote desktop control from the PC with Captivate. You actually run the problematic application on a separate PC. You control it remotely from the PC where you have Captivate installed. Because it's simply a windowed application on the PC where Captivate is installed, you can us

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hmmm, this makes me wonder if WPF is what's used for presenting the Advanced Actions in Captivate. I say that because I personally had issues with capturing this area in Captivate.

One suggestion is to establish a remote desktop control from the PC with Captivate. You actually run the problematic application on a separate PC. You control it remotely from the PC where you have Captivate installed. Because it's simply a windowed application on the PC where Captivate is installed, you can usually overcome any incompatibilities between the application and Captivate.

Hopefully this helps... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much Captiv8r.

Worked like a champ.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 29, 2009 Oct 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RDC with Captivate?

I didn't know that would work.

I posted a question a few days ago, wishing that there was a light version of Captivate. I have a constant requirement to capture software simulations in an isolated environment (aka VMware). The problem is that I need these environments to remain as prestine as possible. Installing Captivate, configuring IE 6 (in most cases) to accept an Adobe Flash download and install really changes the prestine VM environment.

If you are suggesting that I can use Captivate to capture software simulations by RDCing into the VM... that would be just perfect!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2009 Oct 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly, and it works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2012 Oct 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have been using Captivate 5.5 and it consistently crashes our WPF applications.

When I record via VMware, using automatic software simulation, it misses significant interactions.

Yesterday I installed a trial of TCS 4. Same problem with the WPF recordings.

I've resorted to Camtasia for the time being. MUCH more difficult workflow.

My suspicion is a conflict between WPF video layers and Captivate. The crashes are altogbether repeatable and predictable. Just not fixable.

Anything new since this thread?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources