• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recording in automatic mode - Watch or try video options, video size?

Engaged ,
Oct 28, 2009 Oct 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello folks,

I have completed the text lesson portion of a software simulation course.

Now, I need to add the video sections. This is a little different than my past experience, where my lessons were just video and I am a little confused about how best to approach this.

I found that creating a recording within my course, I have no control over recording size. Captivate wants to use the resolution of the course. I don't want that because my course has a template and I want the video to be constrained to a smaller size.

Recording the video separately by selecting new project and selecting screen area/custom size, I can then record my simulation. But how do I insert this video simulation into my course? The only option seems to be saving it as a flash file then inserting the video as a Animation.

Finally, I want to offer the student the option of passively watching a software simulation or actively engaging in the software simulation (by clicking all the appropriate buttons).

I see that I can record in multiple formats but each format seems to make an individual video. That seems quite wasteful, rather than passing parameters that instruct the video how to behave (i.e. demo, training, assessment modes).

Anyhow, my question is how do I create buttons on a slide that allow the student to select either demo mode or training mode? I am guessing I have to put each video on its own page and create buttons that select either page.

I cannot find any examples where someone has created such a simulation.

I think I figured this out intuitively, however, I welcome any ideas on how best to accomplish my goals.

Thank you

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 28, 2009 Oct 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Record the videos separately at the smaller size you desire. Then you have two possible approaches. Maybe three.

You can open two instances of Captivate, then copy slides from the recording to the text bit.

You can import from one to the other.

You might even wish to resize the project from the smaller to the larger, then import.

In other words, lots of options abound.

Keep any given project at about 50-65 slides. This may mean that you need to have multiple segments. Then buttons may point to other slides in an existing project or open other projects as needed.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 29, 2009 Oct 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources