Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

set assessment to end if certain % cannot be attained

Participant ,
May 20, 2012 May 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

If I have an assessment simulation w/20 questions and a learner must attain 80%, is it possible to set up something that stops the assessment if the learner has no chance of passing?

Again there are 20 questions and say the learner misses the first 5, why continue if there's no chance of passing. Is there a way to set something up that says as much and re-directs them back to the training portion of the course?

Thanks!

k

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 22, 2012 May 22, 2012

Blogged about your usecase with an example Quiz and Frustration

It is not totally what you want, but the advanced actions can be used. You want to get out of the quiz to review the course. If you want to continue with the attempts on Quiz Level, those course slides should be within the Quiz Scope to be able to branch to them.

Have a look at the blog post, could create a template so that you'll be able to use the actions. And try to explain more in detail what has to happen? In my example if the u

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2012 May 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, it should be. Just I do not like the user experience when you turn an assessment into a 'real ' quiz, feels not right to me.

Still have to figure out how to adapt the scripts when the interactive objects have different scores.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2012 May 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect workflow description, Rod!

@Kave, If you want help with the actions, let me know. But please tell first which version of Captivate you are using? For this use case 5.5 will offer an easier work flow, because the quizzing system variables cpQuizInfoPointsscored/cpInfoPercentage are recalculated after each question slide. This means that you probably do not even need a user variable but could check the value of one of those in the Conditional Advanced Action.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 21, 2012 May 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri,

Sorry I didn't mention at first...yes I'm using Cp 5.5.

That sounds great L; I would love help. I'm new to working with CAA and Variables in Cp.

Much Thanks!

k

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources