• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Simulations with an established Template

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2024 Jul 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My client needs both a demonstration mode and a training mode for their courses. Using captivate 9, its seems like the program is unable to record both modes from within an existing project with intro slides/summary slides (from one recording). I need both simulation modes to have specific object styles and master slides applied to them. What is the best path forward?

My goal is to only have a SME record one time and from that recording have two courses (one demo and one training) with specific object styles applied and intro/summary slides. Thanks in advance! 

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2024 Jul 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you really still using Captivate version 9? Please check the full version number under Help, About Captivate. It has always been possible to capture a simulation in three modes at the same time, ending up with three differet projects.  I would recommend to set up a Theme before recording so that the simulations are using the same object styles, fonts and color palette. At that moment the master slides are not yet important, because sims always use the Blank master slide, whatever the theme. When you start adding content slides to the simulation slides (for explanation, intro, summary) it is important to define master slides in the theme as well, and maybe you'll need more object styles. If you need to have two different sim mode slides in the same project, you can use the copy/paste feature to get all slides in the same project.  You may find some more details on my blog:

Themes are Time savers. What is NEW in 11.5? - Captivate blog (lilybiri.com)          most recent for Captivate Classic

New Captivate 12 has no master slides at all, only some object styles and text styles. Themes in Captivate Classic are more powerful.

Software simulations: Preparation phase (back to basics) - Captivate blog (lilybiri.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2024 Aug 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Lily - thank you for your response! I meant to say 19** (Typo). 

In terms of your response, the limitation here is that within an existing project, captivate classic (2019) v11.3 does not allow me to record one simulation that creates two or more modes. Yes, I am record one mode and when complete, again record another mode, but this requires me to restage my data. This is should be included from within a proejct because it is allowed when a user creates a new simulation and can select multiple modes at once.

The work around here is that , say I want to have a demo and a training mode, I can record once as a training mode, and then copy those slides and remove the click boxes so that it views as a demo mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources