Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slides on preview are blank?

Aug 08, 2012 Aug 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a Captivate 5.5 project that is 33 slides and when we preview/publish the first 10 slides or so are blank! 

??

The audio is there and the slide will play...but no objects are displayed.

Input please.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 08, 2012 Aug 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that a PPT which you have imported in CP 5.5?

If so then copy few slides and then preview it. Also if you didn't imported the PPT then also try copy and paste few slides and preview the project.

Please let me know if that helps

Thanks

Priyank

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 10, 2012 Aug 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no PPT materials in this project.

When we preview and publish the project, halfway through the first slide, the page goes blank.

The TOC is still there but everything on the "stage" is gone.

And gone over the next several slides.

Now...

If I preview the "next 5 slides" everything works just fine.

The project is only 18 slides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

As I mentioned above can you please copy and paste 3-4 slides in a new project and preview the complete project, my guess is one of your slide is creating this issue. 18 slides are not too much to test this so just copy first 5 slides paste and then preview it and copy and paste another 5 on the same project preview all the slides, if it does the same things like goes blank remove the slide one by one. It's like Hit and Trial.

Please let me know if that works

Thanks

Priyank

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, we copied small groups of slides and pasted them into a new Captivate project...testing after each pasted section.

We copied the entire project into a new project and it plays fine.

HOWEVER:

When we copied the slides it did not copy over any of the Master Pages.

This leads me to beleive that there must be something on the Master Slides that is causing the problem.

The Master Slides were created in Captivate and are only colored boxes and some dashed lines.

Would I be better off creating this as a graphic in Illustrator and placing in as a PNG?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When we copying the slides from one project and paste it in a new pne, Master page won't copy along with it. So you need to copy the Master pages and paste them seperatly. Can you try that and apply the Master page and see if that will help.

Thanks

Priyank

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources