• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

specs to run captivate

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to use my work computer to work with Adobe Captivate 2019. It is an i3 and has 8G of RAM. however, I constantly get a fatal error message. Could this be due to the specs on the computer or is it more likely some filter my workplace has on their image? Thank you for any assistance. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those specs sound a little under powered to me.   But in truth I tend to find it is the hard drive that affects performance more than the chip or the RAM.  I never use anything other than fast SSD drives nowadays.  When I first changed over to an SSD I was amazed at the difference it made.

But if you are unable to improve the computer I would be looking into the Events on your computer to find out why you are getting fatal crashes.  Even on a lower powered computer you should NOT be getting that happen.  You would likely expect Captivate to run more slowly and take several seconds to respond at times, but it should not be crashing.  That's a different issue. 

If your company has an IT department, there should be some technician in there that can debug crashes to find out where the conflict is.  Log a ticket and make them earn their pay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2021 Aug 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The i3 processor has never been meant to be used for heavy applications like Captivate.  IFor smaller projects I am able to run Captivate on a Surface Pro with 8Mb, but on a SSD and with an i7 processor. 

Even a SSD will not change that situation.  Lack of available space on the disk (HDD or SDD) could also be one of the reasons. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources