• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Speech & Subtitles

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using captivate to create training videos, at the moment I'm recording my screen then adding in close captions is text
I'd like to move onto typed text that then can set as a recorded speech hopefully via an inserted character, to take English and convert to another language
In addition, I'd like to have the option to add in subtitles for different languages with a system able to convert these directly from English
I don’t believe Captivate can do all of this, does anyone know of another Adobe programme that would be able to cover this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry because you didn't get any answers yet, which is very rare in this forum. There are two reasons: notifications are wonky at this moment, most experts do not really need localisation as well.

My answer will be disappointing because there is no easy way to localise a course, whether it is a passive video or an interactive course. It is not clear from your question which type you are talking about, because both can have CC on. That is important missing info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HI there!

Yes you can add text in the notes section and from that create Text to Speech. Many of the voices arent the greatest, but there are voices for Spanish, German, French... but Im sure you can find better resources to convert text online.

If you want to insert a character, you can try using Adobe Character Animator. You can sync the audio to the character, and then export the video and import into Captivate. Ive been hoping Captivate would finally allow transparent video (the Character Animator team created a transparent export, but Captivate doesnt allow the transparent import). But the characters definitely help keep it interesting.  Let me know if you need any help.

Cheers,

mark

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources