Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Start your 30 day free trial of Captivate Launch Failure

Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2024 May 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Issue: I download the latest version of Abobe Captivate from Adobe.com. After the installation completed without error, and upon launch, a window pops up "Start your 30 day free trial of Captivate." AND "Start your free trial or buy Captivate at Adobe.com using your Adobe ID: MyAdobeID. With options to either "Quit Captivate", "Buy at Adobe.com" or "Start free trial". Clicking on "Start free trial" closed the popup and the same window re-opens moments later.  I uninstalled, rebooted and re-installed in Admin mode. Same results. 

Interestingly enough, if I slide the window out of the way, for example - to the edge of my screen, I can use the app while that window remains open. 

Technical Specs:  

Adobe Creative Cloud is Installed with no issues. 

System

Device name MSI
Processor 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13950HX 2.20 GHz
Installed RAM 32.0 GB (31.7 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Edition Windows 11 Home
Version 23H2
Installed on ‎2/‎9/‎2024
OS build 22631.3447
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22688.1000.0

TOPICS
Installation and licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2024 May 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a subscription for Captivate already, or were you just wanting to try out the app before buying a subscription?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2024 May 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a subscription for Adobe Cloud, but I do not have an active subcription for Adobe Captivate. I download Captivate to try it out and see if it will work for a sales training application.  I am able to interact within the application and try it out, however I must leave the "Start your 30 day free trial of Captivate." window open and pushed off to the side in order to do it.  If I click "Start your free trial" it closes the window for a breaf moment, and then re-opens again.  Which is annoying but it works. 

Other than that, so far Captivate seems to do what I need it to. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now pushing the window off to the side no longer works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just went ahead and purchased it and it seems to be working fine. I don't know why it would not let me do the trial though. However, I was able to see enough to know it will mostly do what I need it to do. I would not consider this a fix to the problem. It basically forced me to buy the program without the ability to truely test it out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2024 May 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I would like to use the trial to understand if this is what I need. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2024 May 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please contact Adobe? You may use this mail address:

CaptivateHelp@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2024 May 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue here. I used the email provided for Captivate Help, and I will update this thread with what I learn. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2024 May 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any word? I'm having the same issue here haha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2024 May 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry to repeat my recommendation to contact Captivate's help staff:

CaptivateHelp@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources