• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Survey Submissions

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2009 Nov 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone provide any assistance with acquiring the results / user entries from a survey?  The results slide template that currently exists in CP4, is only configured to process the results from quizzes.  Although the survey template allows you to create several questions on one slide, the results slide still processes the submission as 1 question.  There does not appear to be a way to retrieve how many 1's, 2s, & 3s (Disagree, Somewhat Disagree, Neutral, etc.)were selected.

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2009 Nov 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Sorry to disappoint you: CP is not really aimed at surveys. If you are using a LMS, doesn't it have survey possibilities? I'm always using the LMS for that goal, although I'm a great fan of Captivate. Our LMS (based on Blackboard) provides all the statistics needed.

Another workflow is using software like SurveyMonkey (www.surveymonkey.com).

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Lilybiri's advice is spot on. Additionally, it's the eighth item listed in our Frequently Encountered Issues topic.

Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, no LMS at my location. We're going straight from hard copy surveys to Captivate.

It seems as though that Adobe assign someone to just create a results template which coincides with the Likert survey slide. How hard could that be for them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again,

I understand your disappointment, but 'ideal' software doesn't exist. In my professional life I try to use the proper software for the goals to achieve:  Word for (simple) documents, old Ventura Publisher for more complex layouts (never Word), Captivate for interactive simulations and assessments, Blackboard for surveys (not Captivate), Flash for small things (not for building interactive simulations/assessment because Captivate is smarter and a great timesaver). Sorry to sound like a 'preacher', hope you do not mind. Captivate is really nice software, if it is used for the goals it was designed to.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree and I'm totally aware of that, however, if Captivate couldn't create a survey, why include it as an option? If it wasn't included, we wouldn't waste our time trying to figure out why it doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, that it would probably be trivial for Adobe to add that functionality to Likert quiz slides -- and since this is something that a lot of Captivate users want, they should be responsive to their customers and do so.

In the meantime, it would seem that, with Captivate version 4, a method could be worked out to at least record and total a user's responses, by having buttons for the user to click with assigned values. Of course, you wouldn't be able to use a standard quiz slide; the slide would need to be built from scratch, and button clicks would be reported. This would probably be time-consuming and involve setting up Advanced Actions. Maybe one of the gurus here would be willing to offer suggestions on the details of setting up such as slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 17, 2009 Nov 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have to agree that the terminology used is misleading.  A "survey" question is exactly that - a survey.  And if the quiz option is to "show results", AND I've selected "Report Answers" for the question, then I expect to see the ANSWER results of the questions, not a simple calculation of whether or not the question was answered.  It's the common interpretation of the terms used, and if other functionality is used, then use other terminology.

And honestly, it's not that hard to post the variable and user input to the email (in my case) so we can get some basic feedback.  Captivate's already doing most of the work already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources