• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tabbing in Captivate 6

Explorer ,
Jan 16, 2014 Jan 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HELP - I've seen lots of traffic regarding this topic, but nothing is working for me.  I need tabbing to work on my 508-compliant course.  When I publish my lesson for scorm 2004, tabbing works for a few screens, but then looses focus and only works on the browser tabs and the skin tabs.  Thanks

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2014 Jan 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you REALLY want better control over TAB order of objects on a slide then I recommend you upgrade to Captivate 7 rather than stay on Captivate 6. Cp7 added a special Tab Order button on the Properties tab of each slide where you can explicitly set the tab order.  Cp 6 doesn't have this, so you will always be somewhat behind the 8 ball.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 17, 2014 Jan 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying that there's no fix for its behavior in Captivate 6?  Not sure the client wants to upgrade at this time.  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm saying that your best option is to upgrade.  Captivate 7 gives you much better control.  With Captivate 6 you can try to arrange the objects via slide layer order and positiion on screen to control the tabbing order, but this doesn't usually allow developers the level of control they want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.  The client is not ready to upgrade to Captivate 7.  I'm trying to find out if there's some sort of work around for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Jan 20, 2014 Jan 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution worked for someone publishing CP6 and SCORM 2004, not sure how you would deal with the embedded CP object losing focus though:

Open the SCORM_utilities.js and try adding the bolded line, it's:

//Embed SWf using the SWFObject library

var so = new SWFObject(CONFIG.FILENAME, CONFIG.SWFOBJ_ID,

CONFIG.COURSE_WIDTH, CONFIG.COURSE_HEIGHT,

CONFIG.FPVERSION, "#CCCCCC");

so.addParam("SeamlessTabbing", "false");

so.addParam("quality", "high");

so.addParam("wmode", CONFIG.WMODE);

so.addParam("bgcolor", CONFIG.BGCOLOR);

so.addParam("menu", "false");

so.setAttribute("name", CONFIG.SWFOBJ_NAME);

so.setAttribute("redirectUrl", CONFIG.REDIRECT_URL);

so.addParam("AllowScriptAccess","always");

so.write(CONFIG.TARGET);

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2014 Jan 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently the tabbing is working fine until I get to a quiz screen, there are knowledge check questions every few screens.  The tabbing stops working the minute I leave that quiz question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may have something to do with the fact that the radio buttons or checkboxes are not part of the tabbing set up for quiz slides. Once you make a selection outside of the tab order the seamless tabbing breaks.

Does the embedded SWF completely fall out of the browser's tab sequence?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the embedded SWF completely falls out of the browser's tab sequence.  The tabbing goes to the skin tabs only.  Is that a Captivate 6 bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's an IE bug. Not sure if it's a captivate bug but it would be nice if all elements were in the TAB sequence. I know this wouldn't be helpful for 508 requirements, but what happens if you click a button on the stage, not in a skin, does the focus come back?

Before it breaks can you tab to the radio buttons or checkboxes or the group?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

If I'm understanding correctly, you are referring to the seamless tabbing? If so, perhaps the thread linked below will help.

Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It all works fine until I exit the quiz screen.  No mater what, focus does not come back to project.  I'm experiancing the same problem with IE, Firefox, and Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just did a test and had a button on the screen following the quiz and same thing. I tried executing javascript to put focus back to the CP object, but it wouldn't go back to the object stage. I published to Flash Player 11. I've read in other threads that it is SCORM 2004 that introduces the issue and that in 2.1 it's ok. I can't imagine what is happening by executing script, but when you finish the quiz I'm sure it's doing something.

Have you tried the SendTrackingDataAtEnd publishing option?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources