• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Timed Buttons

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2023 Aug 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a course from scratch with recorded audio.  I don’t want the "Next" slide button to appear until close to the end of the audio.  I tried setting timing for that button to ‘Appear After’ and set the time close to the length of the audio playback.  I have it selected to display for Rest of Slide.

This works for slides where I have a picture linked to an external video and my button appears near end of video.  If the slide is just text with voice over it is not working.

I am including a screen shot of the timeline with one of the slides this is not working for.

How can I accomplish my goal?  Do I need to use an advanced action, and if so, how?  I have not used those.

I am using the 2019 Classic Captivate.

Thank you!

Cheryl

TOPICS
Advanced , Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2023 Aug 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Cheryl. Thanks for posting the Timeline panel. You have an image used as a button, which is pausing the playhead at around 1.5secs. You may ignore that pausing the playhead is NOT pausing the slide audio except if you set up that image button to do so. Default setting will allow the audio to continue but it will prevent the visual objects timed to appear later - which is the case for your Next button - to show up. Perhaps you could have a look at these two blog posts. The first one has over 70K views which proves its importance:

https://blog.lilybiri.com/pausing-captivates-timeline

The second one - on the eLearning community - has its focus on the interaction between audio clips and the timeline:

Pausing Timeline and Audio clips - eLearning (adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources