• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Timing with Interactive slides

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2006 Apr 19, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two slides back-to-back that both contain animations made up of multiple slides. The first animation is an interactive "click here, click there"-type. The problem is, when I run through the interactive, I usually finish faster than the time allotted for the slide, so it fades to white and sits there interminably and just when you want to close the window, the next slide pops up.

I've tried inserting a "Next Slide" button into the first animation, but that doesn't do anything since it's the last slide in that movie. Is there any way to force the animation to end when the last piece of interactivity is complete, or do I have to guess how long it will take the slowest user and hope faster ones don't quit before it moves to the next part?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 19, 2006 Apr 19, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi shosley and welcome to our community

I'm not sure I totally understand what you are doing. You have an animation on one slide. How was this animation captured? Where did it come from? I fail to grasp how you have an "interactive" animation. Usually interactivity occurs using buttons and click boxes on slides in Captivate. These also usually pause the movie until the user clicks or interacts. Are these Captivate .SWF files that are inserted as an animation on a Captivate movie slide? If so, what is the purpose of this approach?

Sorry I have more questions than answers. But sometimes this is just the way it goes. With more information, perhaps we can arrive at a solution.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2006 Apr 20, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Are these Captivate .SWF files that are inserted as an animation on a Captivate movie slide? If so, what is the purpose of this approach?

Yes, they are Captivate .swf files inserted as animations in an effort to keep the slide count down. I didn't create this movie, I've just been asked to change the look and feel, and while doing so came across this problem.

Let me try to be more clear: Slide 1 contains a single animation (.swf file) of an interactive demo with click boxes and the like. Slide 2 is a similar animation (.swf file). If I proceed through the interactive demo on Slide 1, it seems that I then have to wait for the allotted time of the actual slide (Slide 1) to run out before the movie proceeds to Slide 2 and it's animation (.swf file containing another interactive demo).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also tried adding a button to Slide 1 underneath the animation, but it didn't reveal itself until after the agonizingly long whitescreen. I'm stuck on this. If there's nothing else I can do, I guess I'll just have to pick a time I think the majority of users will take to get through it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi,

You are on the right track with adding a button underneath the animation. Make sure you set that button to pause after maybe 1.5 seconds. Then, what I think you need to do now is edi the timing of the embedded captivate swf on Slide 1. Do you have the original captivate file that was published as a swf? I hope so.

1 - You'll need to open that captivate file in captivate, and make sure that the timing on the LAST slide is just longer than the pause time of whatever the interactive object is. So, if you have a button that the user is supposed to click - and maybe that button is set to display for 2 seconds, and it is set to pause after 1.5 seconds. Then, the slide should also be set to display for 2 seconds. And, just have the button set to continue. So, when the user clicks that button, the slide will only display for another .5 seconds.

2 - Make sure the you set the properties of that movie to close at the end.

3 - Republish the movie as a swf.

4 - Insert it back onto Slide 1 on top of the button. Make sure to have the slide timing of Slide 1 is only a few seconds. Make sure that in the button properties - that it is set to pause after maybe 1.5 seconds, and then when it is clicked, it goes to slide 2.

Let me know how it goes!!

Lynn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources