• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Topic list

Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have several captivate presentations.  What I want to do is to put a topic list at the end of each presentation.  So when they are done, if they want to revisit a topic they click on a button and it jumps them back to that slide.  This is straight forward.   But on each slide I want a button that takes them back to the topic list at the end of the presentation, so that they do not have to go through the entire presentation again.  Again, I know how to do this, but what I do not know how to do, is how can I make the button on each slide not to show up until the last slide of the presentation has been seen.  What I don't want to do is have the back to topic slide present the first time they go through it so that they cannot skip sections or the entire presentation.  Is this possible?

So basically once they have viewed the presentation completely, they have the ability to jump back and forth from the topic list page to anywhere in the presentation, but I do not want them to have this ability the first time through

I am on captivate 11.5.5.678.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My solution to this would be to create a variable to track the completion of the training.

Let's say - onEnter of the final slide - you set a variable  completed=1;

Then - onEnter of each of the pages you want them to jump to have a hidden button that reveals only if the variable completed is equal to 1.

So...

if (completed == 1) {

cp.show("topic list button");

}

That is the idea anyway. This can easily be done with advanced actions.

Let me know if you need more clarification on this idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That makes sense.  I just needed the idea.  I can take it from here, I think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My solution maybe too simple? Beware;: only valid for a non-responsive project because you cannot have a button timed for the rest of the project in a non-responsive project with Fluid Boxes.

You will need a Boolean user variable, with a default value of 0. I will label it v_topic.

Create the button which jumps to the end slide with the topic list (would have been easier to use the TOC setting up so that only the visited slides can be revisited). Set this button to be displayed for the rest of the project, I will label it Bt_Topics, and it needs to be always on top. That has the advantage that you have only one button with a unique name. 

Use the On Enter action of that slide to toggle the user variable to 1 with the action:

Assign v_topic with 1

Create a conditional advanced action like this:

IF v_topic is equal to 1

Show Bt_Topics

ELSE

Hide Bt_Topics

Select all slides except the last one in the Filmstip and attach this conditional action to the On Enter event of those slides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is a responsive project, but this is giving me ideas.  I will probably set it up as Table of Contents, as you suggest, I have done this before.  Thanks for the help!  I think I have it now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If it is a responsive project, you'll need a different button on each slide. I would create a shared action in that case, and it will have only one parameter: the button name. You will need to attach an instance of the shared action to the On Enter event of each slide (except the last one).

Please, next time mention if you are working on a responsive project with Fluid Boxes because there are lot of limitations in features for such a project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources