• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble with HTML5

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2013 Jan 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!  Thanks for your help in advance!

Working for an elearning company we are producing video slides with table of contents and quizzes at the end of the project.  These videos are for paid customers.

Using Camptivate, we are investigating the new format that includes both flash & HTML5.  We want to be able to support all media formats; iphone/ipad/android.

1. Do all of these devices support what Adobe Captivate can offer?

2. Can we use the Captivate "multiscreen.html" for all browsers?  Are there any known issues?

3. What are some other issues we will need to tackle in this new format?  We can’t have a person paying for something that does not work.

Thanks again!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jan 06, 2013 Jan 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate 6 performs pretty well with HTML5, but as the HTML5 standard is incomplete and implementation across browsers varies, then it will be difficult to give a clear answer to your question.

The best advice is probably to download the 30-day trial of Captivate 6 and try out the different scenarios yourself.

www.cpguru.com - Adobe Captivate Widgets, Tutorials, Tips and Tricks and much more..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2013 Jan 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply!

We're actually using Captivate 6, but can't get the HTML5 production to work on any Android browser.

It displays the skin and TOC, but never plays the video we inserted into the slide. It does this on every Android browser we tried.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2013 Jan 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm dealing with similar issues. There must be many people who are trying to make HTML5 output work on various mobile devices. I hope that others will contribute their experiences and any information they might have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2013 Mar 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So, not my area of specialty, but the android issues COULD be caused by the flash video.  You know how apple doesn't support ANYTHING flash anymore? They apparently have their own way of dealing with FLV so that people can still use youtube and things on apple devices.  Android devices DO support FLV, but I don't think they do it out-of-the-box.

I think you've got to download an app / codec before video content will work. Worth a shot?

Doesn't solve the wider issue, though - you can't guarantee all  users will have their android devices updated and flash-compatible, so the cross-device issue remains.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources