• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Turn off warning/prompts sounds while building a Captivate project?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2016 Oct 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe this doesn't bother anyone else, but is there a way to turn off the warning/prompts sounds? For example, the sound when I save a project. I'm on a Mac, and I get the warning chime (as if I pressed the wrong key) every time I hit Cmd-S.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2016 Oct 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In most warnings, you can disable it by clicking "Don't ask me this again"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 05, 2016 Oct 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And should you turn some or all of them off and need them back on at a future point, click Edit > Preferences > General > Confirmation Messages.

tmp4.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2016 Oct 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I appreciate the suggestions, I'm assuming that neither of you have the same problem.

When I press the shortcut to save a file/change (Cmd-S), it will save it, but it chimes like I've pressed the wrong key. It is annoying. No message or warning window comes up. Just the sound, every time. Or sometimes when I click on a slide. I don't know why it is doing this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 12, 2016 Oct 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are  you by any chance using Windows 10? If so, try turning off Notifications & System Sounds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2016 Oct 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, macbook pro. Just updated to Sierra, but it did it with El Capitan too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources