• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unique Answers to Memory Restriction Issues

Jul 28, 2009 Jul 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Day All:

I am currently developing in Captivate 2 at the moment, though I have used all 4 versions for various projects. I like developing in Captivate because of the ease of use, flexibility, and multiple outputs. The problem that I keep seeing in the forums is the size issue. I have followed the standard procedure of breaking larger projects into multiple html projects linked together, but no matter how short I make the captivates there is at least a short delay between the projects. Generally speaking the older the computer the project is delivered on, the longer the delay. A Flash developer I work with has said he believes a flash interface (frame) can be developed to string projects together more smoothly. He currently does not have the time due to other projects, but I was wondering if anyone out there has tried this, or if there are other workaround solutions to the problems with the way Captivate utilizes memory?

Thanks in advance,

W. K. Pomeroy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 28, 2009 Jul 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any loading speed issue is likely due to a combination of the Flash Player and how fast the computer is, as you note.

If you're seeing delays in loadtimes between Flash products, are you closing one down first, so the web player is also shut-down, then launching another, which re-launches the player again? It should launch faster than before, but if the player has to load first before the project...

So you could keep the Flash Player 'open' and switch between projects within that 'shell', which seems to be what your colleague was suggesting. We do that frequently here, using a Flash-based 'shell' or player to load various .SWFs. If you're delivering to slower machines, that seems likely the better approach. The only other method to reduce load time I can think of is to keep the SWFs as small as possible...of course.

Erik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 29, 2009 Jul 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Erik:

Thanks for the response. It seems to confirm the direction we are leaning toward. I guess I was wondering if (hoping that) someone out there had a more innovative solution. I have an 85 slide, graphic and audio heavy project that I will be completing in the next month, and I am dreading breaking it up into six or seven pieces. It just seems like there should be a smoother solution, even on the older computers,

Thanks again,

W. Keith

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources