Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Use Adobe presenter on Mac

Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2015 Nov 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the totally novice question -

I am looking to develop an online course but I use exclusively Macs at home. It seems that Presenter is not Mac compatible - is that correct? Is Video Express a similar product - how do they differ? What other options are available to me?

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 04, 2015 Nov 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Presenter is a Windows only plug-in to PowerPoint, which allows you to add audio, video, and Flash content to PPT slide decks. It also has the ability to add quiz and interactive content. Then it publishes the presentation out as a Flash (SWF) or HTML presentation, or both, which can be placed on a web server, LMS, Adobe Connect, etc. and delivered online.

Adobe Presenter Video Express  is a tool for both Windows and Mac OS's that does a simultaneous capture of your screen and webcam and allows you to edit together the capture as just your webcam, just your screen or a combination of both. You can also edit in other video assets. Then it publishes out an MP4 that can be distributed through whatever means you see fit.

Does that help clarify?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Jorma_at_CoSo,

I purchased adobe presenter video express 2017. I tried installing it on my MAC notebook with Mac OS, catalina version but it failed. The reason is that this program is a 32bit version, and Mac OS catalina no longer supports this 32bit program, and only supports the 64bit version. Where can I download the 64bit version of Presenter video express 2017? Can I use the 64bit version of presenter video express 2017 for Mac OS catalina?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You posted this in a very old thread. There is no Presenter forum anymore, you need to post in the Connect forum.

I doubt very much that you will be able to run an older app on Catalina. iOS is famous for crippling older version with each new release. Captivate team needed to create a dedicated release for Captivate11.5 for their Mac users when Catalina was released. Happens often.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2015 Nov 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also like to add that the new Presenter Video Express 11 allows you to create in-video quizzes and when you publish such a project you also get a HTML5 player along with the MP4.

You can deploy this output on a webserver or any SCOEM compliant LMS, if ytou are interested in student tracking and LMS reporting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources