Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Captivate in K12 education level

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone, 

This is my first time posting here and I hope what I'm posting is OK!

I'm a teacher in Ireland where my students are in the age bracket of 12-18. I currently use Google Slides to create content for them and use different apps for quizzes and learning checks. I am wondering if anyone else here teachers in this age bracket and uses Captivate. And if you do, how do you find it, and how do your students find using your created content?

I'm obviously remote teaching at the moment as all of our schools are shut. And I want to find a way to create content for my students that is engaging and easy to use for them.

Any response is greatly appreaciated and thank you for your time!

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would say that Captivate is the most robust and capable tool on the market for authoring content.

That being said - whether or not your content is engaging and easy to use is not up to Captivate - it is up to the designer.

The learning curve for a designer new to Captivate will be kinda steep so be prepared for that but you will have an amazing amount of flexibility for creating learning objects for your students.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello !...

I'm also a teacher in primary school... But a french one !...

And what've already done with Captivate looked like that :

http://soutien67.fr/math/mathematique_activites.htm

(I gave you the link of the maths as it's internationnaly equivalent...)

Thanks to Stagprime and other members/teachers for Captivate you will meet on this forum, you will easily be able to create such projects !...

Happy captivating !...

😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This forum is mostly used to post questions about Captivate problems. I havev been using Captivate when I was teaching in a university college, and imy expectiations were more than fulfilled. That was more tha 10 years ago, meanwhile Captivate has grown in a very flexible, multifeaured authoring tool which makes it appropriate for almost all eLearning assets. Provided you have the right educations attitude (which is probably the case) and take time to learn using the tool. You may find a lot of ideas in the eLearning community? Create an Adobe ID (free) and you'll have access:

https://elearning.adobe.com/

I learned a lot from my students when I started using eLearning assets for all kind of educational techniques:flipped clases, problem based and project based teaching, peer teaching.  Their global appreciation was: use as much intractivity as possible, no passive video, give as sefl-assessments and ... bit of gamification.

For K2 I did create only a couple of lessons for colleagues. If you still have access to a browser which has Flash Player enabled (Internet Explorer), have a look at the embedded SWFs in these posts:

Geography: http://blog.lilybiri.com/playtime-with-audio-and-widgets

Techncial drawing: http://blog.lilybiri.com/link-score-to-attempts-in-custom-questions

Quiz (HTML output): http://blog.lilybiri.com/intermediate-score-slides-in-2020

Games (HTML): http://blog.lilybiri.com/matchstick-game-shared-actions-1

http://blog.lilybiri.com/find-the-differences-game

Maths (Flash): http://blog.lilybiri.com/playing-with-numbers-part-2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have ben in the darkness for a long time now you have seen the light.
Adobe Captivate is the best tool to use since it embraces all that you were
doing separately under one body. Slide development and quizzing to test
content created

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2023 Aug 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

Welcome to the community! It's great to see educators like you seeking innovative ways to enhance the learning experience for your students, especially in these challenging times of remote teaching. Using Adobe Captivate in K-12 distance learning can indeed be a fantastic tool to engage your students and create interactive learning content.

I've had experience using Captivate with students in a similar age bracket (12-18), and I can share some insights based on my journey. First and foremost, Captivate allows you to craft visually appealing and interactive content that can cater to different learning styles. Its features, like interactive quizzes, simulations, and branching scenarios, can make the learning process more immersive and engaging.

Here's how you can leverage Captivate effectively:

1. Engaging Content Creation: Captivate offers a wide range of templates, themes, and interactions that you can use to design captivating lessons. You can incorporate multimedia elements like videos, images, and audio to create a dynamic learning experience.

2. Interactive Assessments: Replace traditional quizzes with interactive assessments in Captivate. These can include drag-and-drop activities, multiple-choice questions, and more. Immediate feedback can make the learning process more dynamic and rewarding.

3. Gamification Elements: Integrate gamification elements like badges, points, or leaderboards to encourage healthy competition and motivation among your students.

4. Self-paced Learning: With Captivate, you can allow students to learn at their own pace. They can navigate through content, revisit sections, and reinforce their understanding as needed.

5. Mobile Compatibility: Captivate-generated content is often responsive, making it accessible on various devices. This flexibility ensures that students can engage with the content regardless of their device.

6. Collaborative Projects: Collaborative projects, where students work together on Captivate projects, can promote teamwork and communication skills even in a remote setting.

In terms of student feedback, my experience has been quite positive. Students generally appreciate the interactive nature of the content, as it breaks away from traditional lectures and keeps them engaged. Remember to keep the learning objectives in mind while creating content to ensure that the interactive elements align with the educational goals.

As you're currently remote teaching, using Captivate can be a great way to bridge the physical gap between you and your students. Just make sure to provide clear instructions on how to navigate the content and use the interactive features.

Incorporating "K-12 distance learning" into your search can help you find more resources, tips, and best practices tailored to your specific situation. Feel free to explore the Adobe community forums and other online platforms for additional insights and inspiration.

Best of luck with your journey into Captivate! If you have any specific questions or need assistance with certain aspects, don't hesitate to reach out. We're here to support you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2023 Aug 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello there,

Welcome to the community! It's great to see educators like you seeking innovative ways to enhance the learning experience for your students, especially in these challenging times of remote teaching. Using Adobe Captivate in K-12 distance learning 105fm.pt can indeed be a fantastic tool to engage your students and create interactive learning content.

I've had experience using Captivate with students in a similar age bracket (12-18), and I can share some insights based on my journey. First and foremost, Captivate allows you to craft visually appealing and interactive content that can cater to different learning styles. Its features, like interactive quizzes, simulations, and branching scenarios, can make the learning process more immersive and engaging.

Here's how you can leverage Captivate effectively:

1. Engaging Content Creation: Captivate offers a wide range of templates, themes, and interactions that you can use to design captivating lessons. You can incorporate multimedia elements like videos, images, and audio to create a dynamic learning experience.

By @Sharon28884446h4gh

Hi there. I' m also a teacher, but I haven't used Captivate before. But I was really interested, and I think I'll definitely try it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources