Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using SCORM, Captivate 3/4 and an LMS

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2009 Apr 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am new to SCORM and I was wondering if it is possible to still use SCORM even though the Captivate files (.swf) will not be located inside an LMS.

Many Thanks

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 27, 2009 Apr 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SCORM is a standard which is used to allow E-learning content to communicate with a SCORM compatible LMS. Therefore it would not work without being deployed in an LMS.

/Michael

Click here to visit the www.captivate4.com blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 28, 2009 Apr 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well...it could be hacked.

There are past posts about using the SCORM reporting but changing it to send the data to a database directly instead of to the SCORM API.

I don't recall any direct links/FAQs but searching this forum should help ("SCORM to database" perhaps? And Andrew Chemey is one who often suggested ways to do this...).

So by default Michael is correct...however, if you have Javascript programmers available, you may be able to hack the output (HTML and JS files) to redirect the scoring to an email, or database, or something else instead of the SCORM API.

HTH

Erik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2009 Apr 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great, thanks for all the help.

Think in the short term I'll adapt the project to work in an LMS.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources