• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Vimeo Videos & Bug Report

Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like I have two issues right now. The first is that published Adobe Captivate projects that include Slide Videos imported from Vimeo are no longer playing the audio from said videos. My client brought this to my attention for the published courses I developed for them, and they are also no longer playing the audio on the review site where I sent them to my client for review. These courses were published with at least Adobe Captivate 11.5 but possibly 11.8 (it was in the fall, and I may have been using the earlier release).

The second issue is the feature request/bug reporting tool for Adobe products is sending me to this website.

2023-02-09_10-16-54.pngIs anyone else experiencing these issues? If you have already got in touch with Adobe and have a resolution, I would love to know about it.

Paul Wilson, CTDP
TOPICS
Audio and video

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We also had this reported today, unsure how long it has been happening but our folks are usually quick to bring up issues.

Tried to link the Vimeo slide videos again and have been receiving an error message in Captivate that the link may be incorrect, video may be private, or streaming is not available. 

I'm leaning toward a change in web browser security that is blanket muting all autoplaying video, but being unable to add slide video in Captivate does suggest a Vimeo issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paul,

Thanks for posting this. I started to experince this issue yesterday with one of my projects and quickly found that none of my Vimeo videos embedded in projects, even published projects that hadn't been edited in years, didn't have sound.

I just opened a support ticket with Vimeo to see if they had any insight. I linked this thread in the ticket.

Interestingly, Youtube videos still seem to have sound which makes me think something changed on Vimeos end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2023 Feb 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also experiencing this with two diferent clients. I am using Captivate 2019 and publishing as SCORM, though web versions also do not play audio.  I've tried Chrome, Edge, and Firefox with the same result. I've submitted several tickets to Vimeo with no response as yet.  The vimeo files play fine outside of Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you specify the exact version number of Captivate, as you find under Help, About Captivate? Is your problem also occurring only recently?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The version is:  11.5.5.553

The problem came to my attention yesterday (2/10).  I have projects with two clients that have been working fine for several months without issue.  Here is a link that demonstrates the issue:  https://lightheavyindustries.com/vimeo/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, it really seems linked with some changes from Vimeo. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was my thought, as nothing else has changed:  The videos were loaded to Vimeo months ago, and the Captivate SCORM files published (and successfully tested and deployed) at the same time.  I have two support tickets open at Vimeo but no response as yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For whatever reason, it seems to be working now.  I never got any feedback from my various support tickets at Vimeo, but they apparently fixed something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Videos seem to be working for me again as well. Fingers crossed the issue doesn't reappear!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That seems to confirm the suspicion about Vimeo having been the 'culprit' for this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources