• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What will user see on first screen when they begin a course in All New Cp? Preview shows dark screen

Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2023 Jul 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When previewing a Cp 12 project, the first thing that I see is a charcoal-grey screen with a play button on it.

Is this really what the user would see? It seems like I am looking at a mistake - like I would expect to see my nice title page, with a play button on it.

I have not published any projects yet - so far I am only looking at my practice projects in preview mode. How accurate is preview mode, as compared with what the user will see?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2023 Jul 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preview is rather WYSIWYG. 

You are new to Captivate, but that 'grey' start screen has been there since browsers started to prevent AutoPlay on all devices, which is already many years.  You can see in this blog post that I propose a workaround which is bit cumbersome but functional:

https://blog.lilybiri.com/poster-image-autoplay

Since that event, and during the beta prerelease I have asked multiple times to be able to choose a slide as 'poster image'. Not important enough to be heard. Same with having an easier way to replace the play image, or at least allow to change its color. Not important...

The good news is that you can still use a 'poster image'. However it has been renamed now to 'Cover image'. You'll need to create a static image from your beautiful Title slide. Go to Preferences, Project, Publish and you'll see that 'Cover image' field. I didn't test out if replacing the grey Play icon is still a possibility but I think it is. More important is also to test the behavior of the poster cover image in all the browser resolutions.

You'll find in this forum a JavaScript solution, but I have to warn you that this may not be functional on all mobile devices. It is a good solution on desktop/laptop screens. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even better is that I don't need to use a JavaScript solution anymore!

They have listened and reinstated the autoplay - and it works!! It is off by default on a new project.

I had to admit that I didn't notice this menu until it was pointed out. So small...

Stagprime_0-1690372281162.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lilybiri and Stagprime, thank you! This works for me, except in the different responsive views, it skews which portions of the image are shown. However, it is a great start. I shall submit a ticket request to the engineers to ask them to make this cover image have an option for "fit". Thank you both so much! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P.S. Actually, I see two problems. Have reported them to Adobe. 🙂

1) Actually, the cover image which I choose, doesn’t show up on the preview—but the first slide does. (A workaround is that I can make my desired cover image into the first slide; but it does seem as though there is a bug here.)

2) On the different responsive views, the image renders only partially. I asked if they could kindly adjust it so that we have an option to “fit” the image, so that our desired Cover Image will be complete on all devices.

If anyone sees other issues, I woudl apreciate it! Never having built a course before I am not sure what I should expect to be able to do on the cover image.

Also, interestingly, when I chose this route, of having the Cover Image, there was no longer a play button in the centre of the screen. Is this a bug, do you think?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I forgot about that new feature for Autoplay, because I couldn't test it out on iPhone nor iPad which are as usual the most difficult mobbile devices.

@Lisa31013337pg2c  I wrote already that I didn'test out the workflow with the cover image as I did extensively for the previous versions. Is that region of the play button still active? I replace it mostly by something fitting for the design of the cover image, centered horizontally and vertically which used to be the 'active' region. You can see an example in the embedded tutorial here:

https://blog.lilybiri.com/intro-to-tracking-states

How did you create the 'cover image'? I would try to fill the background of a slide with the image, and check the response for Tablet and Mobile Portrait. Add eventually a custom Play image centered and take a screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Lisa31013337pg2c  You can enable the autoplay option if you do not want to see the grey screen. 
Go to Edit> Preferences> Autoplay.
If you have the media assets on slide one, you need to click on the play button to see the action.

AdobeEmployee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources