Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows 7 Incompatiblity

Nov 12, 2009 Nov 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Windows 7.  I can't edit objects that have audio attached, or embedded audio.

When I use XP it works fine.

Is this an identified bug?

When is a fix coming?

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 12, 2009 Nov 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

phildeering wrote:

I'm using Windows 7.  I can't edit objects that have audio attached, or embedded audio.

When I use XP it works fine.

Is this an identified bug?

Indeed we have seen some sporadic reports of issues with both Vista AND Windows 7. Are you using the 64 bit version or the 32 bit version?

Additionally, you may need to configure the application to run in Windows XP compatibility mode.

phildeering wrote:

When is a fix coming?

I'm unaware of any "fix" that is emminent. Hopefully what I suggested earlier might work for you.

Additionally, even though this is Windows 7, the links below may be useful

Link number one

Link number two

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 19, 2009 Nov 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick:

Thanks for your answer.

I will try the XP compatibility mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2009 Nov 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phildeering,

Are all your drivers, more specifically, your audio drivers, up to date? Captiv8r is correct -- you may want to run the application in compatibility mode under Windows XP.

Also to get your questions answered on the most common challenges around application compatibility when coming from a legacy operating system, why changes were made along the way, compatibility technologies inside the OS and methods for getting incompatible applications to run on Windows 7, please go here: http://tinyurl.com/yfa2yyz

Jessica
Microsoft Windows Client Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jessica:

Thanks for your answer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm, from personal experience, that running Captivate 4 until either Vista 64 or Windows 7 is problematic.

Select Run in Compatibility Mode and also Run as Admin. See attachment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 22, 2009 Nov 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I use Captivate 4 in Windows 7 32-bit without issue for design and editing purposes, and have done since about January.

The only think *not* working well for me is audio capture, but since I never actually use Captivate to record any audio, this is a non-issue for me.

I use the recommended setting of Run As Administrator.

On 64-bit Vista, I found I could not capture IE, so I didn't even try Win 7 64-bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources