• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

You have reached the minimum display time for slide when Distributing audio over multiple slides

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2022 Aug 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen multiple posts about this, but no real answer that makes sense or worked. I am on captivate 9 and I'm trying to import audio over some slides and I keep getting this error "You have reached the minimum display time for slide X" I've read every community post and yet no resolution. Frankly, I don't have time to clips this over all of these slides. Here is a video of the issue so hopefully I won't get unrelated questions like 

"Did you try the muli slide option?"- Yes I did and nothing

"Did you change the length of the slide?" Yes I made the slide as long as I could

See this video (no audio) to see what I mean. 

Captivate 9 error Minimum slide duration  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 14, 2022 Aug 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Captivate 9 is rather old, and no longer supported by Adobe. We are on version 11.8 at this moment, and only the two most recent versions get support.

However I want to give you some tips, maybe not what you expect.

The multiple slide audio worked fine in the old time for SWF output, even the perfect roundtripping with Audition for project audio was a benefit. But with the demise of Flash player a lot of cool features were lost. In HTML output, each audio clip needs to be loaded On Enter for a slide. If you distribute audio clips over multiple slides, or even use Project audio, this will lead in the majority of cases to a loss of synchronisation because the size of the audio clip to be loaded will be huge and takes too much time.

For that reason it is recommended to use only individual audio clips per slide, and even add a gap before and after the audio timeline:

GapAudio.png

You can split the longer audio either with the limited audio editor in Captivate or use an audio application like Audition or Audacity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources