• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Zoom w/ Captivate 5 - source area playback

Aug 23, 2010 Aug 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello -

I'm creating a zoom like I did in Captivate 4, and it's not working once published. I'm trying to zoom in on a section of a screen capture of an application screen. When published, the zoomed box (zoom destination) displays with a solid color filled in instead of showing the image selected by the zoom source.

For the Zoom Source settings:

- Fill is set to Alpha 0% for completely transparent

- Stroke is set to a color with 1 width

- Fill Outer Area is not selected (but has same effect when selected)

For the Zoom Destination settings:

- Fill is set to Alpha 0% for completely transparent

- Stroke is set to a color with 2 width

When played back in preview mode it look like it works correctly in showing a zoomed view of the part of the screen I selected, but when published it displays the zoom as a solid color.

Anyone else seen this and know how to fix?

Thanks!

Katherine

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 03, 2010 Nov 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem it appears zoom areas do not work in captivate 5 I tried inserting them in different slides and it appers C5 just pics a random area on the screen to zoom and no matter where you put the zoom area the target doesn't change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 03, 2010 Nov 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Please take a moment and file a bug report. (Link is in my sig)

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Begin learning Captivate 5 moments from now! $29.95

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcererStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2010 Nov 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Really want to see what is happening, but cannot reproduce your issue. The only case where I did see some issue was when inserting the zoom object on an imported PPT-slide that had animations on it. Did you check the transition, because by default it is Fade in and out, which can cause weird views when the object is there for a small duration. Is there a possibility to check one of your projects directly?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 08, 2010 Nov 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi KMahon,

Will it be possible for you to share your project with us. You can send your project to maanand (at the rate of) adobe (dot) com.

-Manish

blogs.adobe.com/captivate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 14, 2010 Dec 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted as a bug and got the following work around. This solution worked for me.

This is a bug in Captivate 5. We are looking into it. For the moment, there is an workaround for you. On your first slide two objects are set as “rest of project”

a)      Image – vertical line.bmp.

b)      Caption – “2010 EMC Corporation – All rights reserved”.

Here’s the workaround:

a)      Cut these 2 objects from 1st slide.

b)      Paste them on master slide.

c)       Now get back to Filmstrip view by selecting slide 1.

d)      Select all slides and set “Master Slide 1” as master slide.

e)      Also, deselect “Use Master Slide Background”.

After this, if you publish the project, all zoom areas work properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2011 Dec 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Zoom function being disabled when there are "rest of project" objects used, is STILL an issue in Captivate 5.5

Can anyone tell me when this will be fixed? Our Models depend on two "rest of project" objects and one has code associated with it so it's not possible to move it to a master slide. We also use several different master slides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2012 Jul 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The "rest of progject" is NOT actually an issue in Captivate 5.5, but when there is a widget or animation that uses Flash coding and has been brought in to the application then the zoom feature does not work.

I am unable to use the zoom tool since we use a slide background with flash coding, just like Kathrynxyzzy, but have to create my own zoom elements using screen shots and animations to accomplish the feat when it is needed.

After several years working with Captivate and two different releases it seems obvious that Adobe uses its less capable developers when creating this application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2011 Nov 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had another issue with zoom using captivate 5. You cannot seem to set the zoom to 0 !???? it always reverts to 0.1 !!! This is very annoying and renders zoom useless!! I am trying to show multi menus over serveral slides using the same zoom area. However when you preview the zoom box zooms out with each slide. I want it to zoom out in the first slide then stay fixed for an additional 3 slides in the same position. Some times if I set it zero it previews ok. But randomly returns to keep 'popping out' rather than staying fixed for each slide!! Ultimatley annoying and causing me to re think and go to camtasia although along way through my project !! Please help !! why cant I change the zoom to 0!????? why does it go back to 0.1!??

Any help MUCH appreciated !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources