Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

5 seconds to load content inside slide

Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have a a course with the total file size of 15 mb.
When I upload it to our LMS it takes about 5 seconds to load the content of the slide
When clicked it changes the slide. I am using a framecounter so I can ses the slides changing but the content are taking around 5 seconds to load.
First I thought it was due to javascript in the course. I removed that. Same problem.
The course are published on a old LMS within the public health care systems servers using their out dated computers. When running on scormcloud on my 3k computer it works great.

Is this a server/LMS/computer issue or are their any way to save the course for use on our old LMS?

Br

Robert

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clearly a problem with the LMS and perhaps the learner's systems+bandwidth. Only recommendation I can give is to make each slide as light as possible: short audio clips (distribute over multiple slides), avoid video or make them very short, have all graphics formatted in the size they are needed, do not resize them in Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah pretty sure yo are right.
We are in the battle to uppgrade it. NOot so easy as it sounds: (*

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Lieve.  This sounds like a typical server latency issue.  The content is waiting for the LMS server to acknowledge data sent to it at the end of each slide.  Take a look at the suggestions in this post:

http://www.infosemantics.com.au/adobe-captivate/understanding-lms-server-latency

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One thing you can suggest to the LMS server administrator as a test to see whether or not server latency is the issue:  Ask them to log into the server operating system and pull up the Task Manager so that they can watch the CPU and RAM usage in real time.  If the server is being maxed out, they should be able to see it pretty clearly.  I have actually done this on occasions where the client did not believe that the server was the issue.  As more and more users logged on to take a newly released course, I have seen the CPU usage climb gradually until the server crashed.

Captivate's communications with an LMS server are regarded as quite 'verbose', meaning that it is by default settings throwing quite a lot of data at the server.  You can however significantly reduce the amount of data by changing settings as I suggest in that post about latency.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources