Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Captivate 2019 Training

Engaged ,
Mar 11, 2019 Mar 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

As a former Captivate course designer (not since 2004 and the days of custom Flash add-ons), I am back and I expect that I'm going to be slightly bewildered by how much has changed in fifteen years.

I need to quickly ramp up my skills in order to build a course template and begin creating content.

Can anyone recommend training material, beginning with an intro to more advanced custom template building?

I noticed that Lynda's course content is pretty sparse for Captivate 2019 training. Is Captivate 2017 training still relevant? I'm not certain about the differences between the two versions.

I prefer video training b/c it allows faster absorption, but I am also interested in books that I can purchase.

Thank you so much,
Shawn

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 11, 2019 Mar 11, 2019

If you learned Adobe Captivate 2017, you could watch a handful of videos to learn the differences. There are about half a dozen major new features but they don't contradict anything you would learn in a course about 2017. In fact I have a playlist of the major new features in 2019 right here: http://bit.ly/CpGetStarted

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2019 Mar 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you learned Adobe Captivate 2017, you could watch a handful of videos to learn the differences. There are about half a dozen major new features but they don't contradict anything you would learn in a course about 2017. In fact I have a playlist of the major new features in 2019 right here: http://bit.ly/CpGetStarted

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Paul.

That is very helpful because I believe that 2017 training is more plentiful.
Thank you for that link, I will watch it tonight.

Any suggestions for training resources?
In particular, I am looking for advanced content on customizing the behavior of Captivate. The type of training that I am planning to build will be similar to my past training, where I build a custom template that hides the playbar, use advanced interactions, forward/back buttons, dynamic sections, randomized question pool, etc.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2019 Mar 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had answered, but my answer seems to have disappeared.

Did you ever think about personalised training? Will post a blog about its meaning probably this weekend?  It could be a quicker way to get up to level.

You may prefer video, not sure if it is always the best way to have real in-depth learning, it is mostly limited to step-by-step workflows without explanation of in-depth understanding. I largely prefer combination of assets, and whenever possible use interactive video or fully interactive Captivate published tutorials.

Interactive video is an in-between solution. Have a look at:

Custom Play/Pause button

This is a converted CP presentation about the Timeline tips:

Timeline Secrets

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Lieve. 

It's been a while since we last communicated (I used to be part of those fun betas). 

Apologies for the slow reply. I needed to focus on other non-learning related work. But I am now back to building my POC... hopefully, I can get back to building elearning, after a few years away from this exciting work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2019 Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could vidit my website, which you also find under lilybiri.com

I love the interactive video in CP2019. Have a look at this example:

Custom Play/Pause button

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources