Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Advanced Answer Not Available

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using Captivate 2017 and would like to try Advanced Answer, however, it is not showing for MCQ with Single Answer.

This is the only option showing when I select any of the answers whether it is correct or incorrect.

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

The key is that you need to select your answer or one of your distractors before going to the Properties/Options area. Here is a video I created on this. I hope it helps you. Adobe Captivate - Different Feedback for Each Answer - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The key is that you need to select your answer or one of your distractors before going to the Properties/Options area. Here is a video I created on this. I hope it helps you. Adobe Captivate - Different Feedback for Each Answer - YouTube

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

I watched your video earlier today and that's why I wanted to try the Advanced action. I think I got it figured out now, the advanced answer is only available for knowledge check slides which I overlook.

Btw, great videos! I've learned a lot from your videos.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use it on final quiz questions as well. You just need to select the answer you're working with first and it can only be for single answer questions. Multiple Choice where you can select more than one answer isn't compatible with an advanced answer either.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do did you mean by final quiz questions? I have a question pool to randomize the questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And here is the Fluid Box version I mentioned in the previous video. Adobe Captivate - Advanced Answer Option Using Fluid Boxes - YouTube

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I always create a Quizzing workspace where I have both Quiz Properties and Properties panel open (one in the left, one in the right docking station). That is not only useful for the Advanced Answer feature, but also for MCQ with multiple correct answers, where you want to use the partial scoring (and individual penalty). This means that you have to leave the Newbie UI and switch to the Expert UI by activating the 4th option under Preferences, General Settings "Enable Custom workspaces…..'.    

Most features are identical for Knowledge Check slides and for Quiz slides. Have a look at a detailed comparison in:   http://blog.lilybiri.com/knowledge-check-slides-tips

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources