• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I allow users to retake assessment even if they passed?

Jul 23, 2019 Jul 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The client would like users to be able to retake the assessment even if they passed it. In Captivate I only see the option to show the retake assessment button if they failed. I'm using Captivate 2019 and haven't been able to find the answer to this question. Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 23, 2019 Jul 23, 2019

That's just the way that Captivate works I'm afraid.  The designers assumed nobody would want to retake an assessment they've just passed.  I realise this was somewhat limited thinking on their part, and you are welcome to log an enhancement request for such an option.  Perhaps one day they will consider adding it.

In the meantime, the easiest way for the user to retake a passed assessment is to relaunch the entire module again from the LMS.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's just the way that Captivate works I'm afraid.  The designers assumed nobody would want to retake an assessment they've just passed.  I realise this was somewhat limited thinking on their part, and you are welcome to log an enhancement request for such an option.  Perhaps one day they will consider adding it.

In the meantime, the easiest way for the user to retake a passed assessment is to relaunch the entire module again from the LMS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 24, 2019 Jul 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much -- I appreciate the insight!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is not reason to take the assessment twice, if you pass the first time.

The company is wasting times and resources.

Luis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Luis,

Most organisations are only concerned with determining users can pass the course assessments and the way Captivate currently works is adequate for their needs.

However other organisations want to challenge their learners to achieve higher than passing scores if possible. They would be happy for their learners to retake the assessment even after passing so that the learner can try to improve their score.  The way Captivate currently works forces the learner to relaunch the entire module in order to reattempt the assessment.  This is not ideal and it's not really very flexible either.

What crisdecuba wants to do in this case is perfectly reasonable.  If the company wants to waste their own time and resources, that's up to them.  It should be possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2019 Jul 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agree with Rod. When I provided assessments to my students in college, and they wanted to improve their score even though they passed I had to use a cumbersome workaround. Student had to warn me and I used LMS settings to provide new attempts. To me this is indeed a serious limitation. Even in organisations one should encourage learners who wish to do so, isn't that real 'gamification' type of setup?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rod,

I buy that.

Thank you for the great work that you have created and all the help in the forum.

Luis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources