• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I change voice after I create Text to Speech?

Engaged ,
Apr 26, 2016 Apr 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I able to change the voice AFTER I already created the Text to Speech within Captivate 8's Slide Notes?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Apr 26, 2016 Apr 26, 2016

You may find this a bit tedious if you've generated voice for a whole course and the customer decides they want a different voice.

You can manage the voice via the 'Speech Management' window, in Cp8 click on the Audio Menu, and select Speech Management.

Inside that window there is a drop down menu titled 'Speech Agent.'

Make sure you change from "MIcrosoft Anna" to the custom TTS voices downloadable for Captivate.

Speech Management 2016-04-26_11-09-33.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can change the selected voice for each TTS line but the audio won't change until you regenerate again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2020 Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rod

Hope you can help with an issue we are having in Captivate 2017. 

Our voice in Captivate speech management will default to the computers text to speech voice. 

We can work around this by going into our sytenm settings and changing the PCs default voice and then going back into Captivate. However, this is tedious and doesn't allow us to have diffrerent voices on diffrent slides in the one project. All slides take on the PCs default voice.

Have you come across this issue? We are wondering if it is a glitch in Captivate 2017 and should we upgrade our version of Captivate.

Kind regards 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have not seen this glitch in Captivate 2017 or any other version that I can recall.

You should not need to change system settings on your computer to achieve different voices in Captivate.

My assumption would be that you have not configured the voices on each line of the Slide Notes to be the voice you want.  Go back and look at each line carefully in your Audio Management dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found out how. Select the Slide Notes option, select the text I have applied the voice to,  go to Text-to-Speech box, select the voice name on top of the text, then select the drop down menu for the other voices. Once I choose the voice I want select Generate Audio, Save then Close.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may find this a bit tedious if you've generated voice for a whole course and the customer decides they want a different voice.

You can manage the voice via the 'Speech Management' window, in Cp8 click on the Audio Menu, and select Speech Management.

Inside that window there is a drop down menu titled 'Speech Agent.'

Make sure you change from "MIcrosoft Anna" to the custom TTS voices downloadable for Captivate.

Speech Management 2016-04-26_11-09-33.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

However,  even when using the Speech Management dialog, changing the voice in the drop down menu at the top only works for the lines you have SELECTED in the area below it.  So you still need to make the selection line-by-line and then regenerate the audio to change the voice you hear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources