Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I still restore my project

New Here ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

I was working on a Captivate Project all morning and it suddenly crashed at about noon. My last save was apparently last night but a .cpbackup file showed up in my folder, as did two DMP files. The problem is I can't get the back up file to open. I've tried changing it to a .cptx but it still won't open and when I look at the file size it says 0KB. Is there anything I can do to recover my work? I'm super frustrated with Captivate right now.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If it is 0KB, means it is empty.

You can try to find the cache of that project inthe cache folder (will be identifiable by the date, not the name). It is another backup, zip that folder and change its extension to cptx. Hopefully this will give you an earlier backup. But please, try to use CTRL-S at least a couple of times each hour. It will sae you a lot of frustrations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources