• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't update to 11.5

Participant ,
Jun 17, 2019 Jun 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Captivate in Windows 10 via a virtual machine (Parallels) on a Mac. I've tried repeatedly to update Captivate to version 11.5 but keep getting this error message:

Sorry, update failed

We are unable to update Adobe Captivate this time. (Error Code: 184)

Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you clean Preferences before installing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not. I will try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2019 Jun 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My update failed as well.  I've been using Captivate for years and never had to do that.  Can someone explain how to "Clean Preferences"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2019 Jun 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need andmin rights. Look in the subfolder 'utils' under the installation folder for the file 'CleanPrefernces.....' and run it while Captivate is closed. Something that has been needed to do since eons.... should be more clearly in the release instructions (provided they are read).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2019 Jun 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Chris,

I have sent you a private message. If you still face the same issue after cleaning the preferences then please provide the requested information so that we can connect and look into the issue.

Regards,

Ajit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources