Highlighted

Captivate 2017 -- Cannot Install (Error Code 103)

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

When I try to install Captivate 2017 I get Error Code 103.  The only help I can find for that code is "sorry, please try again."  After several attempts, I am still getting this error.

Windows 10, 64-bit

Intel i3-5005U CPU

8 gig RAM

Well over 100 gig free drive space

No version of Captivate has been previously installed on this computer.

I have tried running the cleaner tool, rebooting and installing again but I still get Error Code 103.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Captivate 2017 -- Cannot Install (Error Code 103)

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

When I try to install Captivate 2017 I get Error Code 103.  The only help I can find for that code is "sorry, please try again."  After several attempts, I am still getting this error.

Windows 10, 64-bit

Intel i3-5005U CPU

8 gig RAM

Well over 100 gig free drive space

No version of Captivate has been previously installed on this computer.

I have tried running the cleaner tool, rebooting and installing again but I still get Error Code 103.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not the best processor... would never use i3, at least i5 (I always buy i7). And a good graphics card.

However don't think that is the origin of the problem. Can you check if you have a folder 'Captivate 10.0 in your profile\AppData\Local\Adobe? If yes, delete that folder, it has stored the Preferences, and  you don't have a way to clean them with a file to run from the installation folder since the installation did not finish.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help.  Unfortunately, I do not have a Captivate folder in AppData\Local\Adobe

In other suggestions?

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nom sorry. You should contact Adobe support.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning,

After struggling with this error, I finally solved it.  

Firstly, I am running Captivate on a Bootcamped 2019, i9, Macbook Pro running Windows 10 Pro. Secondly, initially, I downloaded all of the files in Google Chrome over a VPN with no joy.

I solved the problem by simply downloading the files in Microsoft Edge.  And, while I deleted the OOBE files from the various folders, I am not sure that it was necessary.

I hope this helps.  Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Captivate User Guide
New Group