• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 2019 v11.5 stops at 72%

Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2019 Jun 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Windows 7 tried twice. Please provide assistance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 02, 2019 Aug 02, 2019

My IT department was able to work with Adobe support to resolve the issue.  Seems it was an issue with my network permissions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You did clear Preferences?  Once the Update starts, normally Captivate should be closed, heard from some users that it didn't for them, that they had to do iit manually.

I have it installed on one Win7 system as well, and had issues when installing. I did delete the eLearning assets from 11_0 (backupped custom ones) and could install after that deletion. Do not forget to have logged in the Adobe CC app (for the Adobe fonts in Captivate) while installing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes we did all that.  Still does not load.  Stops at 72%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2019 Jun 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to ask: are you installing in the default locations, with default paths for cache and Captivate files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2019 Jun 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Beth,

I have sent you a private message. Please provide the requested information so that we can connect and look into the issue.

Regards,

Ajit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2019 Jul 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had horrible issues getting this update. After a long chat with Adobe, we deleted all the other versions of Captivate off my computer and reinstalled from scratch. Sadly I also had to reinstall all the voices and assets too. I still think I'm missing parts, but at least it runs now. I am on Windows 10 though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2019 Jul 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue too - I just posted a question to get some help with this issue.  Having a non-fully functioning version of Captivate 11.5 will not work for me or the people I support.  I'm speaking for hundreds of users at my company as I'm the first adopter and handle all the upskill training.  I'm on Windows 10 as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2019 Jul 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Understand the problem, but was not able to reproduce it, which makes finding a possible solution very hard.

Did you clean Preferences before installing the upgrade? I had to do that to have the install functioning correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lieve - Thanks for the reply. The reason the upgrade failed was probably due to not cleaning preferences (I tried updating the first day the update was available and there wasn't any information on a fix).  

The problem I'm having is I uninstalled Captivate and did a fresh install of CP11.5 and it is missing key functionality (Assets panel doesn't populate, downloads do not load into Downloads, 360 video is not displaying on the stage but shows in the filmstrip view, etc.).  I'm trying on a 2nd computer to see if I can just upgrade by deleting preferences.  If that works, I'll delete 11.5 and reinstall 11 and upgrade.  This should have been cleaner process though.  I hate the idea of attempting this with all 200+ Captivate licensed users at my company until we know it upgrades without workarounds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just FYI, I have one system where I did install only 11.5, and everything works as expected. But I did clear Preferences, had already uninstalled previous versions.

Sure, try to upgrade after clearing the preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2019 Aug 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My IT department was able to work with Adobe support to resolve the issue.  Seems it was an issue with my network permissions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources