Highlighted

Captivate 8: Can you convert a responsive project to a non-responsive project?

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My co-worker created a responsive project, but she didn't really understand the use case for responsive design, and now we have a bunch of learners who can't view the HTML5 (they have antiquated browsers that they cannot update) and I need a quick fix. Is there a way to switch over the Flash\html5 version?

I have to fix this tonight before I can go home, (my co-worker is conveniently on vacation). Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Hi there

Unfortunately there is no "flip a switch" and convert from responsive to normal.

What you are faced with is carefully re-creating each slide with the elements on the responsive slides.

Cheers... Rick

TOPICS
Getting started, Project upgrade

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Captivate 8: Can you convert a responsive project to a non-responsive project?

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My co-worker created a responsive project, but she didn't really understand the use case for responsive design, and now we have a bunch of learners who can't view the HTML5 (they have antiquated browsers that they cannot update) and I need a quick fix. Is there a way to switch over the Flash\html5 version?

I have to fix this tonight before I can go home, (my co-worker is conveniently on vacation). Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Hi there

Unfortunately there is no "flip a switch" and convert from responsive to normal.

What you are faced with is carefully re-creating each slide with the elements on the responsive slides.

Cheers... Rick

TOPICS
Getting started, Project upgrade

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 01, 2014 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, sorry. You have to start from scratch, you can use the assets (look in Library), maybe the master slides and object styles but there is no quick way to convert to a normal project.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2014 0
LEGEND ,
Oct 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Cheers... Rick

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2014 0
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anybody know why Chrome users are having difficulty? Surely HTML5 will work in Chrome.

Are there specific browser settings that need to be turned on?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2014 0
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oy vay, thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2014 0
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found an easier way. In a responsive project, right click on one of the slides and select SELECT ALL SLIDES. Then right click again on a slide and select COPY. Open a new BLANK project and paste the slides into that project. Worked for me. Saved me hours, too.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 14, 2015 7
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once I select all slides there is no option to copy. Sometimes these things are temperamental.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 12, 2016 0
Explorer ,
Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find it copies reliably as long as you don't have the quiz results slide selected. so after select all, just unselect that one slide and it copies perfectly.

Kind regards,

Riesa

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 18, 2017 0
New Here ,
May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found that I copy worked if I unchecked the quiz results slide; the Knowledge check slide I had in my project copied just fine. "Maybe because it wasn't a quiz slide but knowledge check made that OK. I didn't test further."

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 15, 2018 0
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is a silly question but I am fairly new. I used a template that was already created. I just inserted my information. How can I determine which one is the quiz results slide? I downloaded a responsive template and should have used non responsive and I need to convert it over if possible.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 17, 2019 0
Lilybiri LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please start a new thread. Cannot answer your question due to the new platform, including screenshots and URL's. This is a very old trhead.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 18, 2019 0