• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 9 Simulation Video Issue on mobile.

Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having an issue with the Software Simulation video, after publishing.

There are a few sections in my captivate project that have video of navigation via scrolling sidebar.

When I publish it (HTML) view it on my computer it works fine.

When I view the slides that have video  on my mobile device those video portions are blank/white. (Tested in Chrome and Firefox same results)

Any suggestions as to what is causing this/ how to fix it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect you are talking about the FMR slides that are automatically created with some mouse activities?

For HTML output I will replace those slides by Video Demo slides (cpvc) which are mp4 in output. It is a bit of a cumbersome worklow, since you have to stop the simulation, record the Video demo slide, then continue the software simulation recording. It helps if you avoid the necessity for having those movie slides as much as possible, often there is an alternative workflow.

I sincerely hope the workflow will be imporved in future releases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I think FMR is what I am talking about.

It is only one small section that has those FMR slides, all 4 slides could be one video. I will try that and let you know if that solves the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try it out, quality will also be better than for the FMR slides. And you can edit the Vdeio Demo (like panning/zooming) in a non-destructive way. Full editor is available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I clicked, new slide, video demo.

Recorded the video demo.

Published the project to HTML.

So now when I view the project, there is only a second or two that flashes white before the video plays, maybe its an issue with the video loading before playing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that is the problem with HTML output, each slide has to be loaded On Enter. Is it really so long? If the video is smaller it will take less time, you could distribute over different slides?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The video demo slide is only 14.5 Seconds long.

It works with out flaw when viewing from my computers browsers.

The issue is still only there when viewing in a browser on a mobile device.

But now that is only flashing white for 1-2 seconds and then the video plays it's bearable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you take a look at the size of that 15 second video you may find that it could be around 5-10 megabytes or more.  Loading a video of that size will definitely require a pause in playback.  It's a pre-loading issue. With HTML5 content the page objects get loaded as you get to the slide, not several slides before as was the case with SWF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rather than scrolling, I always click the blank area of the scrollbar in the direction I wish to scroll (more than once if necessary) in order to page down. This eliminates FMR slides and is still an acceptable way to move down the page. 

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources